JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am curious about Estate brand ammo. Good or not?

I went to BiMart to check ammo prices. I wanted 00 buckshot and the only one they had was 25 count box of Estate brand. Never heard of it, figured it is cheap (as well as inexpensive), but bought some anyway as it is for home defense and just needs to go "bang".

Then I stopped at Cabela's and found they carry this brand as well.

I am curious about Estate brand ammo. Good or not?

I went to BiMart to check ammo prices. I wanted 00 buckshot and the only one they had was 25 count box of Estate brand. Never heard of it, figured it is cheap (as well as inexpensive), but bought some anyway as it is for home defense and just needs to go "bang".

Then I stopped at Cabela's and found they carry this brand as well.

Bought some from Academy once or twice. Stuff worked fine for playing at the range.

their target loads are great. if i were to estimate, out of the +20k rounds thru my shotgun i would say 5k is probably estate target loads. ive never had a malfunction with my shotgun so the estate shells have been perfect. never tried their buckshot. ive always had good luck with remington buckshot

IIRC, Estate shotshells have been around since at least the late 70's that I know of.
I would see empties on the ground at most shotgun clubs and a lot of old time gravel pit shooting spots.
That should say something about them!

They have worked fine out of my 870 Wingmaster and H&R Pardner Single shot , Both are .20 gauge.
The claybirds , soda cans , or grouse sure didn't seem to know the difference...
Andy

Last Edited:
We use them almost exclusively when shooting trap. Thousands fired and never a problem. Well, no problem I can blame on the shells anyway.

I too have shot them successfully for trap rounds. If you reload shot shells (not many do at todays prices) you won't want them. They are the econo version and the hulls are too thin and soft for reloading

Another up-vote for Estate, it is my preferred birdshot for trap shooting, no problems ever.

They sometimes offer a couple different dram equivalents for the same loads, or offer different loads in the same shot size. I really like that.

Thanks for the information. Dunno how I never noticed the brand before. I don't reload home defense rounds so they should be just fine. I like that I can find them in the 25 count box contrary to other brands.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top