JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife and I are a childless couple....however, if we had children, I'd want their teachers to be armed and ready to protect my kids.....Wouldn't you want the lifeguard at the pool your kids swim at to know how to swim, have a life preserver and know CPR just in case?

It isn't necessary for all of the teachers to be armed, just some of them.

It is necessary that the general public does not know which teachers are or are not carrying.

My wife and I are a childless couple....however, if we had children, I'd want their teachers to be armed and ready to protect my kids.....Wouldn't you want the lifeguard at the pool your kids swim at to know how to swim, have a life preserver and know CPR just in case?
yes, Even if a person (or couple) does not have children this topic has a huge impact on all gun rights. Protecting our children is protecting our future and that translates back down to each and every individual that chooses to keep their civil right for self defense. "Back in the day" kids were allowed rifles in their vehicles and schools taught gun safety.... thanks to the antis (GFSZA) we stopped raising our children to understand firearms thus we start raising children to fear them.

also, our second amendment rights should never be discriminated against in any workplace open to the public and this translates to all individuals in public places. Just as important our children should not be left hanging unprotected by the murdering anti's who advocated these gun free zones. If it wasn't for all this anti gun sentiment fostered by the gun control community we wouldn't have these gun free zones and maybe these deranged psychos strung out on the end of their rope wouldn't choose these "soft targets". Ok, I'm drifting.... I get sad when I think of the children that could have been protected.

Its a bigger step than it may appear to get teachers to be allowed to carry if they chose.

A school district under Oregon State statute does not have an ability to regulate firearm carry on their [public] property, however, what our liberal court system has decided is that school district policies and administrative rules can negate an employee's 2A rights by trumping that right under a "condition of employment" regulation under labor law (see the Medford case a few years ago). If a school district adopts no board policy against weapons, then all normal state statutes are applicable for public property regarding weapons. If a school board affirmatively adopts a policy (typically #GBK, for Estacada SD see: http://www.esd108.org/documents/policy/Section G/GBJ Weapons in Schools.pdf ) then they can effectively take away an employee's 2A rights if that person wants to continue to be an employee.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top