Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Estacada School Board CHL meeting

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by bnsaibum, Nov 5, 2013.

1. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

"On Wednesday Nov. 13 at 7pm the Estacada School Board will be discussing allowing school personal to carry concealed. The Board meetings are held at the high school, 325 N.E. Sixth Street in the choir room."

From OFF's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Firearms-Federation/290842485462?ref=ts

I do not know the veracity of this claim, just passing it on to those who may live in the area.

2. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

One by one they are getting smart.

3. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

We cant stop with the rural schools, we need to see this in the urban schools too....

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

:thumbup:

5. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

My wife and I are a childless couple....however, if we had children, I'd want their teachers to be armed and ready to protect my kids.....Wouldn't you want the lifeguard at the pool your kids swim at to know how to swim, have a life preserver and know CPR just in case?

6. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

It isn't necessary for all of the teachers to be armed, just some of them.

It is necessary that the general public does not know which teachers are or are not carrying.

7. Koda

Koda Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer

yes, Even if a person (or couple) does not have children this topic has a huge impact on all gun rights. Protecting our children is protecting our future and that translates back down to each and every individual that chooses to keep their civil right for self defense. "Back in the day" kids were allowed rifles in their vehicles and schools taught gun safety.... thanks to the antis (GFSZA) we stopped raising our children to understand firearms thus we start raising children to fear them.

also, our second amendment rights should never be discriminated against in any workplace open to the public and this translates to all individuals in public places. Just as important our children should not be left hanging unprotected by the murdering anti's who advocated these gun free zones. If it wasn't for all this anti gun sentiment fostered by the gun control community we wouldn't have these gun free zones and maybe these deranged psychos strung out on the end of their rope wouldn't choose these "soft targets". Ok, I'm drifting.... I get sad when I think of the children that could have been protected.

Its a bigger step than it may appear to get teachers to be allowed to carry if they chose.

8. 2ANewbie

2ANewbie S.E. Portland Member

A school district under Oregon State statute does not have an ability to regulate firearm carry on their [public] property, however, what our liberal court system has decided is that school district policies and administrative rules can negate an employee's 2A rights by trumping that right under a "condition of employment" regulation under labor law (see the Medford case a few years ago). If a school district adopts no board policy against weapons, then all normal state statutes are applicable for public property regarding weapons. If a school board affirmatively adopts a policy (typically #GBK, for Estacada SD see: http://www.esd108.org/documents/policy/Section G/GBJ Weapons in Schools.pdf ) then they can effectively take away an employee's 2A rights if that person wants to continue to be an employee.

9. bnsaibum

bnsaibum Corvallis, OR Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer

Anyone in the Estacada area going to this?