JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly, this is likely to happen more, not less as we get more novice shooters who don't think about fire danger when shooting near very dry tinder.

it's even worse when we get idiots here posting that it's impossible to start fires this way, or that bullets don't cause sparks.

You can clearly see that the "Memaloose" pit that many of us use, and worked together to clean up a few months ago, had nothing to do with this fire. NF-45, the road used to access this pit, drives through the fire location, but the Memaloose pit is several miles beyond where the fire ended.

All this time I've been worried that "our" pit was the nexus. Apparently there is a pit right off the highway called Pit 36. I never knew about that location...

You can clearly see that the "Memaloose" pit that many of us use, and worked together to clean up a few months ago, had nothing to do with this fire. NF-45, the road used to access this pit, drives through the fire location, but the Memaloose pit is several miles beyond where the fire ended.

All this time I've been worried that "our" pit was the nexus. Apparently there is a pit right off the highway called Pit 36. I never knew about that location...

Yup. It doesn't look like a pit from the road, but it's right off of it - as in ten yards away. Not to far S/SE from when you come down off the hill and hit the water.

With forum members like these, who needs Michael Bloomberg? It seems that 80-90% of the members here are quite happy to point their fingers at themselves.

Oh, and yes, because a "bullet" or "ricochet" COULD cause a fire(and it COULD. To deny that would be crazy. However, a pig also COULD fly.) and potentially out of 1,000,000,000 rounds fired in the woods, one may cause a spark. Whether or not that one spark caused a fire would probably drop the chances to something like 1 out of tens of billions. Since campfires and motor vehicles cause 99.9% of fires, why are we here loading the anti's magazines for them?

It would seem that if someone told you that a high velocity .30 caliber rifle could take down the International Space Station, you would all blame each other for the Challenger tragedy. What a ridiculous joke you keep playing on yourselves to think that if you keep stooping down to "see their side of it" that they will stop trying to force your rights from your hands. Dead kids, forest fires, domestic violence. All the fault of an inanimate object that our founding documents protect without question. The only time these crazy fools stop demanding your guns is when they have them all. It has nothing to do with a mythical "responsible gun owner"(by whose standards?). It has to do with control and when you blame yourself for a 1 in 1 billion chance, while the hippies demanding your guns probably started the fire with the pot they were smoking. Oh, excuse me, is pot also on the list of things protected by The Constitution along with abortion, gays and radical Muslims? When were firearms removed from the Liberal BOR?

I think Sam is saying that this issue is only political. However, we all know that shooters and hunters have always been the biggest conservationalists in the nation. It is the firearms community, including hunters and shooters of all types, who support wildlife preservation. Thus, it is shooters and hunters who are most acutely aware of how our actions can affect the health of the forests.

I agree that some gun issues are very political and we should keep from infighting as much as possible. However, when we're talking about forests and wildlife and the health of our great green spaces, it is the shooters who should be the most vocally in support of doing the right thing!!

Well I know there are as many conservationists that have no interest in guns. I think its irresponsible to say we should ignore how shooters are perceived by others when it was the shooters that started the fire. It's a far cry to say that the majority here are stooping to see the side of the antis when we critique irresponsible or careless shooters.

it's people like sam who make me really angry. it is quite easy for bullets to cause a fire. for him to downplay the risk so easily is completely irresponsible. the estacada shooters probably thought exactly like sam.

we don't need bloomberg when we have irresponsible people like sam encouraging people to ignore the risks, dismissing it as a "1 in one billion chance". target shooters causing wildfires is far more damaging to our cause than any advertising bloomberg could ever do.

it's people like sam who make me really angry. it is quite easy for bullets to cause a fire. for him to downplay the risk so easily is completely irresponsible. the estacada shooters probably thought exactly like sam.

we don't need bloomberg when we have irresponsible people like sam encouraging people to ignore the risks, dismissing it as a "1 in one billion chance". target shooters causing wildfires is far more damaging to our cause than any advertising bloomberg could ever do.

Hell, it'd be the height of irony if ole Sam here was one of the Estacada shooters who ran away like a bunch of punks after setting the fire and not being able to put it out.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads