JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,

I'm moving my family from Los Angeles to Seattle in July. I moved to California from Texas in 2003 (when there were no software jobs in Texas), met my wife and now have two kids and a third on the way. Beyond the insane California state mismanagement issues and utter hostility to gun owners, it's simply not practical to buy a house in a good school district without risking potentially ruinous debt. My employer has a Seattle office, and the fact that we have in-laws already in the Seattle area made the decision of where to move fairly easy.

At this point, I'm trying to stay ahead of any potential legal issues by joining this forum and beginning to figure out what's what. Washington is not nearly as screwed up as California on gun laws, but it's still not perfect.

I know there's shall-issue CCW (unfortunately without a test, so that other states have an excuse to deny reciprocity). Yay Utah!
I know that suppressors are newly legal to use (and not just own). Woot!
I know that AOW's are legal.
I know that SBS's and SBR's are not legal.
I know that I can take the bullet buttons off my AR's and Sub-2000.
I know that I can bring all of my normal capacity magazines from my storage unit in Texas.
I know that I can get an NAA Bulldog and a Colt 1911 again.

Anything else I missed?

I'll be living north of Seattle in the Kenmore area. I've been looking for places to shoot within a 30 minute drive, and I see the Kenmore Shooting Ranges. Anything else in the area?

Hoping to see all of you soon,
Particleman

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR