JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
New member here from Kalifornia.
I've been lurking here for a while now and finally introducing myself. Damn, it feels good to be in a much freer state.
I know Californians go through a stringent process in owning a firearm and from what I read, its almost the same here except the 10 day waiting period and handgun roster.

Looking to make my first purchase as an Oregonian and if someone can kindly give me info as to what I will need when meeting a seller at a FFL?
1. OR DL 2. Proof of residency (vehicle registration and/or utilities bill) anything else?

Thanks all and looking forward in protecting the 2A at my new state and continue to educate myself and non gun owners about the 2A

Welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is.

And congratulations on your escape from occupied territory to the free zones!

Welcome to NWFA! Our rights are under viscous assault at this time and we need all the help we can get to protect the 2A!

To protect the 2A here in Oregon, the first order of bidness will be to ensure that control of the US Senate stays in the hands of Mitch McConnell. To do that will require that we win 2 senate races in Georgia on January 5, 2021. If we fail to maintain control of the senate, the following bills (many are anti-2A) will likely become law:

If those pass, most state laws will no longer matter. If those bills don't pizz off your friends enough to take action, then have a gander at this list of 553 bills introduced in the house - many will become law if we lose the Senate. These are just the ones sponsored or co-sponsored by AOC. Warning - grab a barf bag:

Speaking of escaping communism, we have a new member of congress in Florida whose parents also escaped communism. I hope she is pro-2A like you.

Congratulations on making the move!

OOPS! Congresswoman Salazar needs to be persuaded to do the right thing on the 2A: :(

Last Edited:
In this house we usually refer, if at all, to the place you left as 'the state to the South of Oregon.'

Never ever having had the need to go there, except as a place to land on our peregrinations to GOC from our location here in UK, we never venture, these days, further South than Gold Beach, on account of the great little gun store there.

However, if it's fish and chips that float your boat, then there is no place better than this - on your left, as you head North into Port Orford.

1605965086125.png
Pat is no longer running the place these days, but those who do are making a fine job of it.

Mrs tac, meself and our dear friends from just around the corner and up by the volunteer fire hall almost keep it going by ourselves....well, almost.

Oh, welcome, as well.

Last Edited:
I've been lurking here for a while now and finally introducing myself. Damn, it feels good to be in a much freer state.
I know Californians go through a stringent process in owning a firearm and from what I read, its almost the same here except the 10 day waiting period and handgun
Welcome. Native Californian here but came over the wall two decades ago. Currently the process to buy a firearm in Oregon is no where near the same. Unless your name is Bob Smith. I know a few, funny enough.

Enjoy a better version of your freedom. Stay informed and active. Smaller state so access to Salem is easy. Write your local idio.. Representative. Doesn't always work but it really annoys them.

I know Californians go through a stringent process in owning a firearm and from what I read, its almost the same here except the 10 day waiting period and handgun roster.

Looking to make my first purchase as an Oregonian and if someone can kindly give me info as to what I will need when meeting a seller at a FFL?
1. OR DL 2. Proof of residency (vehicle registration and/or utilities bill) anything else?

Thanks all and looking forward in protecting the 2A at my new state and continue to educate myself and non gun owners about the 2A

Welcome to NWFA. :)

To answer your question, both seller and buyer must go to an FFL for the paperwork process. As far as I have ever brought with me was my state driver's license and some cash.

Breath easy now! But don't ever give up the fight for your 2A rights! :s0155:

Welcome!! unfortunately, the large communist state to our south has a huge gravitational influence. Guaranteed if Oregon democrat supermajority has its way we'll go the same direction as Kommifornia. And the neighbor to the north is going the same way.

Welcome to the greatest firearms forum on the inter webs. Congratulations on your escape from The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

Purchasing firearms in Oregon only require an Oregon drivers license, or so has been my experience. You can typically take it home the same day, no crazy 10 day mandatory wait period. There's no silly State DOJ list of approved firearms here, so enjoy the greater selection, although somewhat limited now because of current conditions. Also enjoy purchasing ammo without background checks.

I highly recommend getting your CHL, exercising your Second Amendment Rights daily, and join one of the several state pro-gun organizations, that fight for our rights, like Oregon Gun Owners or Oregon Firearms Federation among others.

Again, welcome aboard and congratulations on your escape. You are indeed freer, at least for the moment being...

Welcome! Exercise your rights and enjoy what you have. Lots of people leave California because they can't stand it, but then they keep trying to turn Oregon into California

Welcome! Exercise your rights and enjoy what you have. Lots of people leave California because they can't stand it, but then they keep trying to turn Oregon into California
Looks like Joe Rogan is doing that in TX. When I came immediately I recognized most things I was told were false. Except the rain.

Welcome.
Glad you're into guns.
If you hadn't been, this thread would have already been closed due to flaming on farking Kalifornicators.
I don't know any FFLs out your way. West side, there are a bunch of good ones.
License with current address, patience, $~35 -- those are generally all you need.

Only need proof of address if the address on your ODL is not the address you put on the 4473 or if you have an address update sticker on the ODL and the printing has worn off (very common - used to happen to me until I got mine renewed). In that case the registration for you vehicle will be adequate. Most FFLs do check that the address is the same.

I recommend that if you don't have your ODL yet, that you get the Real ID version.

Also, Oregon is a shall issue state for the CHL - but right now some gov offices are not open for in person visits.

Other differences - no "roster", no registration (except de-facto via transfers), no mag limits, no FFL required for buying ammo regardless of amount, no restrictions on importing of firearms or ammo, no restrictions on "firearms" like the Shockwave or Tac-13, et. al., no restrictions on .50 BMG, no "featureless" rifles or bullet button laws and probably a few other things I have forgotten or do not know about. Also, you can own NFA firearms/devices here.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top