Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Escaped prisoner shot dead by 71-year-old Iowa homeowner after hostage ordeal

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by deen_ad, Aug 20, 2013.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Escaped prisoner shot dead by 71-year-old Iowa homeowner after hostage ordeal - U.S. News

2. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

So apparently 4 hours is the end of the line for being polite and waiting out the intruder leaving - after that all bets are off and the shotgun comes out.... Good for Mauderly - 1 shot = dead escapee NICE WORK. I certainly don't know if I would have that much patience to wait that long...

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wait, the homeowners did not follow the proper anti-gun suggestions. They should have barricaded themselves while calling 911 and waiting for the professionals to show up and deal with the bad guy - either that, or they should have busted out the window and ran down the street screaming for help. Isn't that what they want us to do?

I am so glad to see a homeowner defend himself and his wife like this. The bad guy got what he deserved and the 2nd amendment gets another gold star for brilliance on the part of the founders!

4. Username

Username Lewis County New Member

An escaped convict breaking into the house of and holding hostage a retired prison guard? I doubt the convict was hunting for this guy, methinks karma may have had a hand in this...