JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tell me how legal warning shots are….
Just found an internet article Warning shots are a bad idea. Or some such. My tablet doesn't provide links. Article mentioned that warning shots are illegal in texas. Also that a guy in Medford Oregon who shot a warning shot at a bad guy who was trying to break into his home was charged with menacing, reckless endangerment, and illegal use of firearm, and firearm was confiscated. Didn't say whether in town or rural. Did say that bad guy had done time for prior crimes including home robbery. but resident shot at or fired warning shot when bad guy was outside of the house still. Bad guy ran off when shot or warning shot was fired.

Every gun book or course I've read or been in strongly advised against warning shots. The basic argument is either your life is in danger, in which case you have the right to shoot to stop threat and need to. Or your life is not in danger, and discharging your gun is not legitimate.

Another reason of my own is there is no way the other person can tell the shot is intended to be a warning shot or a killing shot. The one thing he can be sure of is it's an escallation. If its dark or he's not looking your way he may not even be able to tell where gun was pointing. If bad guy thinks you're firing at him, he may feel he needs to fire at you in self defense. So if bad guy has a gun a warning shot can easily provoke an exchange of gunfire, while just pointing a gun and yelling "Get out!" might cause bad guy to withdraw even if he has a gun himself. Even if you are an expert in SD shooting, the outcome of an exchange of handgun shots is unpredictable. An armed person shot in the chest may be able to shoot you several times while dying.

The only situation where I can imagine using a warning shot is in scaring predators away. I scared away a bear who was after a duck dinner by putting a shot into the ground next to him with my trusty 686. No amount of spotlighting or yelling at bear deterred him. Many other would-be duck-dinner grabbers also were scared off, never to return--the bear, the barn owl, and about 2/3 of the raccoons and Possums. Two strikes and they were out; I just shot them. But I'd much rather train predators than kill them. And most were trainable.

Just found an internet article Warning shots are a bad idea. Or some such. My tablet doesn't provide links. Article mentioned that warning shots are illegal in texas. Also that a guy in Medford Oregon who shot a warning shot at a bad guy who was trying to break into his home was charged with menacing, reckless endangerment, and illegal use of firearm, and firearm was confiscated. Didn't say whether in town or rural. Did say that bad guy had done time for prior crimes including home robbery. but resident shot at or fired warning shot when bad guy was outside of the house still. Bad guy ran off when shot or warning shot was fired.

Every gun book or course I've read or been in strongly advised against warning shots. The basic argument is either your life is in danger, in which case you have the right to shoot to stop threat and need to. Or your life is not in danger, and discharging your gun is not legitimate.

Another reason of my own is there is no way the other person can tell the shot is intended to be a warning shot or a killing shot. The one thing he can be sure of is it's an escallation. If its dark or he's not looking your way he may not even be able to tell where gun was pointing. If bad guy thinks you're firing at him, he may feel he needs to fire at you in self defense. So if bad guy has a gun a warning shot can easily provoke an exchange of gunfire, while just pointing a gun and yelling "Get out!" might cause bad guy to withdraw even if he has a gun himself. Even if you are an expert in SD shooting, the outcome of an exchange of handgun shots is unpredictable. An armed person shot in the chest may be able to shoot you several times while dying.

The only situation where I can imagine using a warning shot is in scaring predators away. I scared away a bear who was after a duck dinner by putting a shot into the ground next to him with my trusty 686. No amount of spotlighting or yelling at bear deterred him. Many other would-be duck-dinner grabbers also were scared off, never to return--the bear, the barn owl, and about 2/3 of the raccoons and Possums. Two strikes and they were out; I just shot them. But I'd much rather train predators than kill them. And most were trainable.
Yea. I agree. I was saying that sarcastically because warning shots are normally illegal and do nothing but escalate most situations. If you're pulling the trigger it should only be to neutralize a threat. Not to "scare" or "intimidate" another.

Technically you cant even point a gun at a tresspasser. They have a legal right to defend their life too...
You can point a gun at a trespasser if he's in your living room, which one of mine was. Or if he's trying to come in your window when you are in the house which another of mine was. Or when he climbs out of the neighbors window, climbs your small backyard fence and lifts stolen loot over, then sees you in your own back yard and charges you. I was certainly in danger of death or serious harm on all three occassions, including the two where the trespassers were not in my home.

You can point a gun at a trespasser if he's in your living room, which one of mine was. Or if he's trying to come in your window when you are in the house which another of mine was. Or when he climbs out of the neighbors window, climbs your small backyard fence and lifts stolen loot over, then sees you in your own back yard and charges you. I was certainly in danger of death or serious harm on all three occassions, including the two where the trespassers were not in my home.
all of those reasons were other crimes much more serious than just the crime of trespassing. The simple act of trespassing, in itself, is not justified to use or threaten to use lethal force. In Oregon the most serious level of trespassing is Class A, a misdemeanor.

all of those reasons were other crimes much more serious than just the crime of trespassing. The simple act of trespassing, in itself, is not justified to use or threaten to use lethal force. In Oregon the most serious level of trespassing is Class A, a misdemeanor.
Good point.

So... It seems that the Boyfriend/Murderer was in the middle of a divorce - with a Lubbock County Judge at the time...

And now the entire case and information is all sealed up. What a coincidence. She must still like him.
(Or is still currently financially liable as a 'couple'?)
Kinda explains how he seemed so blase' about the whole thing, he's married to a Judge.

No charges or arrests so far.

Last Edited:
So... It seems that the Boyfriend/Murderer was in the middle of a divorce - with a Lubbock County Judge at the time...

And now the entire case and information is all sealed up. What a coincidence. She must still like him.
(Or is still currently financially liable as a 'couple'?)
Kinda explains how he seemed so blase' about the whole thing, he's married to a Judge.

No charges or arrests so far.
Divorce was final a couple weeks after the shooting. Records were sealed. Not unusual for judges / high profile individuals, because of privacy concerns.

Criminal trespass is when you show back up at the same property that LEO cited you previously for Trespass.

I still do not believe you come outside and start blasting.

Warning shots are NOT advised from everything that I have read LEGAL WISE and what my old now dead and still alive police friends told me in the past.

NO matter how often BIDEN suggested warning shots or to fire through a closed door - do NOT fire warning shots.

BOTH men and the witch ex wife are to blame in my opinion. Funny on how the new wife is there filming this too. Crikey!

They should have had a DROP OFF POINT at a police station or another PUBLIC PLACE and at a time that was properly upheld by ALL PARTIES.

The SHOOTER and the witch ex wife should have gone INSIDE and locked/shut the door and dialed the police.

The DAD should have remained CALM and not emotional no matter HOW EFFED UP the situation was in the past or present.

A lot of men have this done to them (TRUE stories!) and even if SOME OF US personally have not had it done to US - many of us have seen this UP close and personal.

I have KNOWN people especially MEN who got royally screwed by their exes - witches when it came from everything from a to z with or without children involved.

I can relate to that issue with VERY close friends in several states, some relatives, etc.

I never had children with my late husband. I was never divorced. It was his first marriage and mine too. Married for over 30 years. I am a remarried widow to a man who had one other marriage.

NO 'boyfriend' or girlfriend or ANY other relative or 'FRIEND' should keep on screwing with the Dad and his LEGAL VISITATION RIGHTS.

With that said, most of those bas_ and witches KEEP ON DOING IT and the Dad has to keep on going to court, pay more $$$ out, etc. even if the WITCH and her new whatever are guilty in what the COURT TOLD THEM TO DO. Same old - same old.

The Dad was very upset and I can UNDERSTAND that but he should have WALKED AWAY from the scene and ENTIRE MESS and left.

The SHOOTER should have NOT SHOT a warning shot or ANY SHOT and HE WAS ONE BIG DUMB @@@ and wrong for even bringing a GUN INTO THE ENTIRE SITUATION!

MURDER in my opinion.

The WITCH - EX did not help the situation.

The shooter and the ex might have planned this too. THIS was mentioned by some people on another forum and maybe here (?) too. I did not go back to the beginning of this thread and reread it all. LOL

The TRESPASS law reason in broad daylight and how this shooting was done with a stupid fight starting was just plain WRONG, stupid and deadly.

The DAD was NOT entering a LOCKED and properly closed house door.

The DAD should have left.

The SHOOTER should have NEVER BROUGHT A GUN INTO THE ENTIRE SITUATION.

The EX SHOULD HAVE HAD THE KID OR KIDS READY TO BE PICKED UP ON TIME OR EVEN IF THE DAD WAS A LITTLE BIT LATE DUE TO TRAFFIC or any other reason.

The EX should not have let the kid or kids leave that house and be completely READY to be picked up for visitation rights.

IF the COURT SYSTEM IN ALL STATES really did their JOBS - most MEN and a few women would not have to always deal with EX WITCHES and OTHER PEOPLE who never abide by the court laws and all parenting rules when it comes to parental issues, money and tons more.

And yes, I do KNOW of REAL cases where a child goes to live with their Dad at the age of 12 years old and in some cases a bit earlier.

My late parents were NOT divorced and only married to one another.

My older brother was divorced. He had 2 girls. He was married for LESS than 10 years to his first wife. He is remarried now for close to 40 years or so (?) and has a son with a nice wife.

My older sister was married to 2 men and divorced the second one after being apart for many years. That second husband died in 2021. She had a step daughter and the EX wife who became something else (!) and decided to live with another woman caused BIG problems for her second husband. Plus she and her girl friend (!) tried to ruin the man's reputation in some things which were NOT TRUE but it was started by the EX and so forth. So the EX and her girl friend tried to but did not succeed in their ruination of the second husband's reputation with his daughter. BUT they tried to do this BIG TIME and in many ways!

My late Mom had parents who divorced when she was 4 years old. (4?) She went to live with her Dad (Army man - Cav Veteran and lawyer.) and her NICE stepmother when she was 12 years old in the state of NY. That was in 1932. Her younger sister by a year or so stayed with the blood mother until she left home and married.

TWO men with an ex witch got into a piss-ng match and both of the men were wrong. The SHOOTER was wrong in MY opinion big time.

Court records are sealed in one other case - divorce. THIS was mentioned here.

ALL of the people involved in this one big cluster you know what do not sound like SANE or NICE PEOPLE. And that includes the ex wife - JUDGE. Throw in all of those financial messes too. OMG!

Now a KID has no Dad plus how much was he brainwashed and how much parental ALIENATION was done against him over all of this time - true or false?!!

In many cases, it is false and even some divorce lawyers and EXPENSIVE mediators who have tons of proof will tell a MALE that he should NEVER AGAIN TRUST OR BE AROUND any of the exes and tons more. And that is a fact.

And that includes with other SANE and normal witnesses and 'boy friends' of an EX witch and their daughter's boy friend LIVING AT A HOME where the MAN - DAD was still waiting to sign off on but paying for all along plus the utilities and TONS MORE.

Throw in all of the ALIENATION and lies where they told the 'children', other relatives and other people where the man was not supporting them and paying bills and a bunch more. LIES and proven. Throw in where the EX was not and is not even honest with her own lawyer. Uh huh. And the ex wife's lawyer is thrown for a LOOP in court and with a judge and even with a mediator. OMG!

People should really THINK more and keep their PANTS ON (Male and female.) before they procreate.

And IF they see and forgive the now EX witch a second time for a bunch of HER lies, money issues and any other bs - they need to have their heads EXAMINED and need to FLEE. LOL

Vice versa for a woman who has an EX bas- too.

Cate

Last Edited:
The only thing missing in this crazy and screwed up TEXAS shooting - murder story is where ALL of the parties involved did not put on their bullet proof vests, WW2 Army helmets, put camou paint on their faces, scream some more at each other and hire the Q or Q Anon NUT JOB wearing the horns and acting like a YOU KNOW WHAT on January 6, 2021 in D.C. OMG!

Maybe the Dead Dad should have put a complete set of body armor on - over his entire body if he could not trust the EX or the 'NEW' boyfriend.

ALL of this would have never happened if people did not START salami with one another and WALKED AWAY.

Control those emotions as best as you can and WALK AWAY. Leave!

When I was a kid, my late parents, mentors and 'Aunt' C who was not a blood relative but Mom's best friend and our family lawyer used to tell ALL OF US KIDS to WALK AWAY and IGNORE jerks IF they tried to start something with you 'physically' or verbally.

Sticks and stones may hurt/break my bones but words will never hurt me.

In most cases, this works for females and males while growing up.

When the words flew all over the place by all parties, when the Dad saw that the kid was NOT there to be picked up and when the dumb @@@ brought the GUN OUT - the DAD did not leave!

Old Lady Cate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads