JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
full.gif

I was watching Rekeita on this topic (famous for his livestream during Rittenhouse with a gaggle of lawyers, himself included, giving commentary). He was adamant that the kidnapping thing is a red herring and then told a war story where a woman kept a kid out of state despite a court order for months, and he couldn't get anyone at all interested in the notion of it being kidnapping. He said that merely being late for a swap just doesn't make it into that territory.

I have no idea if he is right or wrong on this topic but I suspect that being late for a child-swap is a fairly common occurrence.
Its not kidnapping - but per Texas law - Carruth and his girly girl were engaging in custodial interference - which is a "state jail felony" - Texas is a weird state and we have three tiers of confinement - county jails handled by the sheriff, "state jails" which hold those convicted of the lowest levels of felonies, and then regular prisons for mid and high level felony offenses. A state-jail felony is one that typically would get you 2 years or less of confinement, often getting probation instead, and you can get whacked upto 10k in fines for a state-jail felony.

You can also petition to have your state-jail felony reduced to a class A misdemeanor charge after three years from being released from the sentence.

The prosecutor and police would have to look at that - but I posted up the text of the statute earlier in this thread. Seems pretty clear that they were in violation of the statute, thus they were engaging in a felony crime themselves.

None of the parties in this mess are clean folk. Both Chad and his ex were felons. Carruth has a bad reputation locally from what I've read on him, plus he was screwing around with the ex Mrs. Read while still married. Not sure what kind of dirt the current Mrs. Read has, but I'd not be surprised if she didn't have a few arrests & convictions in her closet - but ultimately - its going to come down to how the grand jury sees things, and if they see enough evidence to charge, Mr. Carruth gets to go thru a murder trial. Even if the grand jury no-bills, I bet the current Mrs. Read slaps him with one hell of a wrongful death lawsuit.

9 pages of discussion. If we havent figured out the answer to the OP by now theres no hope. I typically let the OP decide on thread drifts.
9 pages of discussion on this site with many saying unjustified or justified, just like what's going on in Texas.
So what have you figured out?
Please enlighten us all if you know the answer

I understand that's what our justice system is for...

Anything any of us here believe, feel, or say, no matter how emphatically, is irrelevant.
We will all know "The Answer" when the jury delivers its verdict.
Until then, it's all just verbal diarrhea and/or mental masturbation...

Last Edited:
9 pages of discussion on this site with many saying unjustified or justified, just like what's going on in Texas.
Let me know if you can cite "many" in this thread saying justified?

You didn't really join us here until 8 pages in and even you stated unjustified. Everyone knows the case is still being investigated but I think the consensus is pretty clear with the majority here.

Only you know the answer.

Would you have gone inside, got a gun, brought it oustide and started shooting?

You didn't really join us here until 8 pages in and even you stated unjustified.
Who was the 1st to post after the OP started this?
See post #2

I'm not too interested in the loaded gun in car w - w/o CCP, but watching others and learning was interesting

As far as knowing the answer, yes - no one knows what's right until after court or not, that's what's interesting to read, but @Koda said we should of had it all figured out, so he must had the answer

I'm just sittin' here wondering what that PCC was...
And was it suppressed? Seemed pretty quiet.

Also... for watching a man get shot dead right in front of them, everyone seemed oddly calm as the guy lay there bleeding out.

Oh, Texas.

I'm just sittin' here wondering what that PCC was...
And was it suppressed? Seemed pretty quiet.
It's Definitely a Ruger PCC, and can't tell on a suppressor or not.

Yea, pretty odd behavior for those around after seeing a person killed but the worst part was Carruth standing there after shooting Read. He seems cold and unrepentant while saying he 'told everybody to leave' as though he is trying to justify what he did.

Lol good luck on that… though I do agree.
Overall this forum is not too bad with spelling and composition. It seems to be worse in the evenings and weekends - possibly for 'obvious' reasons.....

Another forum I belong to is horrible in this regard. Probably a a 1/4 of the posts at any time contain a lot of misspelled words or the composition is so bad the post is unintelligible.

Overall this forum is not too bad with spelling and composition. It seems to be worse in the evenings and weekends - possibly for 'obvious' reasons.....

Another forum I belong to is horrible in this regard. Probably a a 1/4 of the posts at any time contain a lot of misspelled words or the composition is so bad the post is unintelligible.
Probably alcohol was involved here in the evenings and on weekends right?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top