JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two men were taking turns firing a weapon at a gun range on state game lands in Greene Township, Pennsylvania on Tuesday afternoon when one of the men turned on the other and began firing at him.

A man in a neighboring shooting stall then fired his weapon at the shooter in an apparent move to stop the attack, killing the shooter, Pennsylvania State Police investigators said.

State police are trying to determine why the man killed, identified as 26-year-old Robert A. Eppley, turned the gun on his friend, said Lt. Mark Weindorfof Pennsylvania State Police Troop E in Lawrence Park Township.

No charges had been filed as of Wednesday morning.

Eppley was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting Tuesday afternoon at the State Game Lands 109 gun range by Erie County Deputy Coroner John Maloney.

A 67-year-old Erie man who state police said shot Eppley was questioned and later released as part of the ongoing investigation into Tuesday's incident, Weindorf said on Wednesday morning.

Two men were taking turns firing a weapon at a gun range on state game lands in Greene Township, Pennsylvania on Tuesday afternoon when one of the men turned on the other and began firing at him.

A man in a neighboring shooting stall then fired his weapon at the shooter in an apparent move to stop the attack, killing the shooter, Pennsylvania State Police investigators said.

State police are trying to determine why the man killed, identified as 26-year-old Robert A. Eppley, turned the gun on his friend, said Lt. Mark Weindorfof Pennsylvania State Police Troop E in Lawrence Park Township.

No charges had been filed as of Wednesday morning.

Eppley was pronounced dead at the scene of the shooting Tuesday afternoon at the State Game Lands 109 gun range by Erie County Deputy Coroner John Maloney.

A 67-year-old Erie man who state police said shot Eppley was questioned and later released as part of the ongoing investigation into Tuesday's incident, Weindorf said on Wednesday morning.

That poor guy who had to end this. :(

Seems like someone got triggered and the guy had the firearm and saw his opportunity.

Reminds me of the story in 2006 in Hollywood, California about a Freddy Kruger impersonator, who was getting harassed by another Freddy Kruger impersonator about how bad his dress up was and the guy straight up stabbed him in the chest with his shearing gloves.

Maybe not the same thing but kind of is, to me.

Article says ' arrived at the gun range in separate vehicles, with their girlfriends' but possibly same difference.

If not due to GF hijinx, then maybe a comment was made... "You GF would sure be fine if she din't have such small tatas, a big mouth, and a fat azz!!"

That's it buddy, imma start shootin!

I lost all my friends in a boating accident.
I lost what I thought were friends and family due to the 2020 Fraud.

They say a knife can divide flesh from bone but so can a girl or politics.

I can't imagine the scene and being the guy who ended it, that isn't something anyone wants to do on their day off.

My take on this is that he was going to off himself after killing his friend.
It's not like he was going to just walk away without being arrested in the near future.
Who knows the reason for this, unless he left a note behind explaining his actions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top