JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I got one for my 637, installed it. It seems a bit odd I need to shoot it to better evaluate the function. Good materials like Ergo's AR grips

<broken link removed>

Doesn't look like it will win any beauty contests!

I have an old J-frame square butt Kit Gun dressed up in fancy wood grips that I think is a real beauty. But for a carry piece or something that gets shot regularly looks are of little importance.

I'd love to see an update and know if it shoots better than it looks. Is your 637 for carry? How's it fit a holster? Does the odd shape help with printing by breaking up traditional grip shape?

Sorry I have been away and tapatalk was not working for me.

I have yet to shoot it. As of now I am luke-cool to it, that might change after shooting. I did carry this 637 as a pocket pistol when my XD-S was in for recall. I carried my LC-9 briefly, but liked the J frame a little better I have two leather pocket holsters for J frames and both work well. I am back to carrying my XD-S .45 full time.
I have tried this new grip in the pocket and it seems to be as good as the boot grip that came on the 637 with regard to concealing. I did not notice much of a print with either grip in the front pocket of my jeans. My 637 has a bobbed hammer so it's DAO. I hope to shoot it next week (along with several other as yet unfired guns)

Okay I did fire five rounds of Hornaday non+ P. I have thru dry-fire experimentation, noted that you need to take a lower purchase on the grip so that the web of the shooting hand is approximately level with the frame that has the trigger. It is then easy to aim using the sights. This grasp does not make any appreciable difference in felt recoil to me. Grasping the whole grip angles the gun up about 20 degrees, and does lower the felt recoil and it might be the ticket for a close in, point and shoot, gunfight.

They are ugly, but so was my Boston Bull Terrier

I think I will leave them on.

I don't have much time with this in my pocket as I was trying it out and not really using it for a long term, but I will keep that in mind for the future. This particular gun would be good in a jeans jacket or a Hoodie, around and about out of doors.

I also shot may XD-S .45 for the first time since recall. I love it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top