JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have a lead on an EOTech 554 for $300. From what I hear, this is an improved version of the 552, and was a special order for US Army Spec Ops. The sight has some wear and tear, but is guaranteed authentic and working (a business has it). What should I look for? Is this a good deal? I've never had an electronic optic on a gun, but want to try an EOTech.

If the glass looks ok , no delamination, then there isn't a whole lot to look for after that other than the finish and the story scratches and dings might tell

Deal sounds good if it doesn't look like it's been hammered too hard

I've been behind all the dot types, EOTech is very nice, probably my favorite, good luck

From all that I've read up on them, they were only sold to the military, so hopefully it's been taken off their inventory and it hasn't been stolen, then pawned for some cash by someone.
I could be wrong and don't know how you could verify this.

If it was MIL only, and you were to send it in to EOTech for work, you may not get it back.

There was some hubub back in 2013 about mil only 553s coming up for sale, and apparently EOTech made a statement that if it was a mil only optic, they wouldn't return it. Don't know how that turned out in the long run.

So, I don't know if that is the case here, but something to be aware of.

ETA: you could always get the SN, and call/email EOTech.

Well I bought it! Talked him down to $250. I ordered a new battery box, and hood mounting screws, cause one is missing. Seems to be good to go, just a little scratched up!

It's like cheating, huh. I can't quantify how many x's faster on target, or how much higher the accuracy is compared to irons, but it's way up there. That being said, I keep mine on a quick-release, plus irons in the lower third, because it is still a battery operated optic after all. A very reliable one in my opinion, but still.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top