JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thinking of buying my first eotech, 512 to be exact. Anyway don't know much about them so I did some research and read same bad reviews. I always liked the way they look thats why I'm interested in them. I dunno, looks like the aimpoint is something to look at also...

Opinions anybody?

I once had a thing for EOTechs, the aesthetics caught my eye. After trying it out, the busy reticle, viewing through a square window, and battery life was what changed my mind. It's all preference. I ended up going with an Aimpoint CompM2.

I have used them a few times. I ended up with a T1-micro. I think they are good if that is your price point, but I felt the extra money was worth the lighter weight, longer battery life. For the money, certainly nothing wrong with them if you have read the reviews and know what might happen.

I have used them a few times. I ended up with a T1-micro. I think they are good if that is your price point, but I felt the extra money was worth the lighter weight, longer battery life. For the money, certainly nothing wrong with them if you have read the reviews and know what might happen.

Same here - I loved the design of the Eotech but it was really 'jerky' sighting it in. At one point, it barely moves, then it jumps. The Aimpoint wasn't like that, everything is like it is surgical.

Lithium AA in a 512 resolves all battery issues. Love mine.
Stay away from the 511, terrible battery life, but now out of production.

I have experience with both an Aimpoint Comp ML2 and an Eotech. Personally I like the Eotech much better on my AR especially when engaging multiple targets. The reticle seems to make it easier for me to aquire the target and get rounds where they need to be. Both the AP and Eotech are excellent red dots so it all boils down to what you like best. I had a reticle malfunction long after the warranty expired. I sent it in and it was fixed and I wasn't charged a dime for repairs or return postage. Good customer service.

ETA: battery life isn't as good as the AP's but with the lithium battery life is pretty danged good for me.

My two items I don't care for on the EOtech are the busy recticle (which have already been mentioned) and the auto shut off feature to save the batteries. The Aimpoint ML3 has like a 50000 hrs battery life on level 2 or 3 (out of 10 levels)

ok true hits ok but out of how many shots? i know not first round impact. and second your not going to get better then a 7 inch group at those ranges.. i grantee i would do better with my acog..

eotechs are great at close range dont expect anything longer the 70 yards. i had the 512 and went to acog and will not go anyother way.

How hard was it to adapt to the acog? I've heard you need to train yourself to go from cqb to longer range. The one I loked through was somewhat confusing. But I really know nothing about them.

not hard at all thats all i use now because you can use in cqb and out to 800 meters.... i have 2 of them one im selling if anyone is interested... ta11f
i havent had to train my self i just put it on my noveske ar n within 5 shots i has it zeroed at 100m also shooting a rock the size of your head at 500 meters about a month ago... the chevron is the easy one you just put the tip at 100 and follow the meters.

not hard at all thats all i use now because you can use in cqb and out to 800 meters.... i have 2 of them one im selling if anyone is interested... ta11f
i havent had to train my self i just put it on my noveske ar n within 5 shots i has it zeroed at 100m also shooting a rock the size of your head at 500 meters about a month ago... the chevron is the easy one you just put the tip at 100 and follow the meters.

Thanks for the reply. So how does it work at close range? Are you looking through the optic or with your non=dominant eye? Or both? Please excuse if this is a dumb question.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top