JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What's up guys!
As the title mentions, which would you all suggest and why?
These are the two I am set on for sure, just not sure which one to pick over the other.
if it were between these two, and only these two please..

all training will be done under 250 yards (primarily 10 - 100 yds). Also this will be mounted on a 14.5" pin & welded AR.

thanks!

I've had Eotechs and now MROs. Both are really good with the MRO being lighter. I do wish I had the Eotech again though because that 65moa circle works much better for my eyes when shooting the steel plates...I can acquire the target much faster.

I really like my MRO. I have zero experience with eotechs. The mro is nice and light, clear, and im not worried one bit about durability. Ive also used aimpoint comp m4s' and the mro is pretty equal in my mind.

Reasons I want an MRO:
Great Reviews
Size/Weight
Durability
Field of view (not as "tunneled" like many cylindrical micro red sets)
Also the look is just soo badass with a scalar works leap mount.
I love that it's not super wide and hangs over too far on either said of pic rail, unlike the Eotech

Reason I want the Eotech:
Clarity
No Parallax
Great reviews
I also really like the look of it from the side (just don't like how wide it is and hangs over on either side)

I really like both reticles, but Eotech just seems to be clearer and no parallax unlike the MRO

Other than size and battery life, I am not sure why anyone would not go with Eotech. I have two and the technology is so much more advanced and has more advantages IMO. 1 MOA (even when using magnifier), field of view, and durability are just a few reasons.

Other than size and battery life, I am not sure why anyone would not go with Eotech. I have two and the technology is so much more advanced and has more advantages IMO. 1 MOA (even when using magnifier), field of view, and durability are just a few reasons.
I agree.
The MRO has a bit of tint and slightly greater than 1.0 magnification...I'm too lazy to confirm actual, but those two things screw with my eyeballs when trying to hit steel plates quickly.

First off, I don't care what any optic maker states...no such thing as parallax free...some are just less than others.

The more lighted reticle, the less battery life...same for green dot vs red.

I've used both, and have settled on the MRO. I don't see enough magnification to cause any problems with my eyes...and I use glasses. I prefer a simple dot vs a complex reticle.

Folks that have been around me, know I don't baby my stuff. It gets used, but not abused...and the MRO can take the abuse of hitting the ground, banging around other equipment, getting drug through brush, and getting shoved through small holes when working barricades. Still holds zero.

First off, I don't care what any optic maker states...no such thing as parallax free...some are just less than others.

The more lighted reticle, the less battery life...same for green dot vs red.

I've used both, and have settled on the MRO. I don't see enough magnification to cause any problems with my eyes...and I use glasses. I prefer a simple dot vs a complex reticle.

Folks that have been around me, know I don't baby my stuff. It gets used, but not abused...and the MRO can take the abuse of hitting the ground, banging around other equipment, getting drug through brush, and getting shoved through small holes when working barricades. Still holds zero.
I appreciate your input!
Also I should have worded it as "close to no parallax". There's a YouTube that did like a 15-20 min long POV video with both optics and you could see the MRO showed a tiny bit of parallax and the Eotech showed almost none at all. I know this a video so it can't be 100% accurate to what you see in person but it gives a good idea of what to expect. Not saying that I think the MRO just moves all over the place by any means. In fact I'm leaning towards the MRO. I'm like at 55% MRO and 45% Eotech.
Even tho it's not a HUGE difference, I also like the fact that I could get the MRO I want with the scalar works mount I also want for the price of the Eotech.

in all honesty id go holosun
i have mro's they work but somewhat blurry, eotechs are totally blurry
holosuns reticle crisper than eotechs

I would agree with this, but between the 2 asked about- Eotech. I like the reticle and the size of the window. Quicker than any red dot in a tube.
(But the battery life is arse and the Holosun is much sharper for my slight astigmatism)

Good call on the Holosun. I have the 510C on another build and I love that one!
Some might say if I already have the Holosun and I know that I like it, why not just get another one and keep them uniform.. but I really want to try something new and have the option.
Appreciate all the input so far. It's been pretty even, this is gonna be a tough one!

I agree with the above mentioned statements , and was recently in the same boat. I couldn't decide, but ended up with the eotech. My reasons being I got it a little cheaper than the MRO, and I have surefire flashlights, so can consolidate on batteries. One thing to note... I also noted a slight blur to the ring, but found looking "through" it made it disappear....

I've had both and do much better with my old eyes using the Eotech, in green. Green is much better in lighted conditions but you give up even more battery life. The MRO is slim and light with great battery life but only a 1 MOA to use and if you're throwing out to 250, you'll have a better chance with the Eotech holographic reticle.

They have the "how to" of sighting with the Eotech dot and ring at their website for 7 yds, 50yds, & 200yds. Here's a snip: "the 68 MOA ring with 1 MOA dot provides three usable aiming points. The aiming points above are based on the following load: .223 cal. 62 gr. 2,900 FPS."

I'm sure you can also co-witness with both of these if needed, and you can add a magnifier to the Eotech later if your budget allows...good luck.

I've had both and do much better with my old eyes using the Eotech, in green. Green is much better in lighted conditions but you give up even more battery life. The MRO is slim and light with great battery life but only a 1 MOA to use and if you're throwing out to 250, you'll have a better chance with the Eotech holographic reticle.

They have the "how to" of sighting with the Eotech dot and ring at their website for 7 yds, 50yds, & 200yds. Here's a snip: "the 68 MOA ring with 1 MOA dot provides three usable aiming points. The aiming points above are based on the following load: .223 cal. 62 gr. 2,900 FPS."

I'm sure you can also co-witness with both of these if needed, and you can add a magnifier to the Eotech later if your budget allows...good luck.
Thank you Knute! This is very helpful. Appreciate your input as well, exactly along the lines of what I was hoping for.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top