Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

EOtech down

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Medic!, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

I know a lot of guys use the EOtech. So I thought I would post a problem I had with one.

My 2008 512 EOteck lost it's brightness. It was only about half as bright as it should be.
    I called EOtech and talked to a real person! No ''PRESS 1 to talk to so and so. Or ''press 2 to talk to'' thus and such. B.S.!
    Just a nice, normal sounding guy. In less than 30 seconds he told me to send it back. And told me how to get an RMA on line. This morning I got my RMA via email. And was told my 512 would be fixed at no cost to me.

Not bad for a seven year old optic. That only had a two year warranty. And I never registered.

I just shipped it off. I will let you know how it turns out. But I like how smooth things have gone so far.

2. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

I had a similar experience with my $39 UTG Red Dot. It lost its brightness so I called the UTG support number. In less than 50 minutes, I was talking to a real human being!

Just a nice, normal sounding guy, although he was speaking Mandarin. So I couldn't quite understand him. In less than 30 seconds, I think he said "Hang up you stupid roundeye, this is a plastic factory in Guzhen. Why did you buy our cheap bubblegum optic anyway?" I said it was supposed to come with a UTG guarantee.

So the next morning a duck named Ping showed up and carried away the Red Dot and said it would be fixed at no cost to me. A few months later I received a packet of Ramen noodles in the mail.

Not bad for a 2 month old optic that had a lifetime warranty and I never registered!

I'm going to cook the Ramen tonight and see how it tastes, but it got kind of crushed in the mail. Goes to prove, always go with the discount optic.

BrentN, BAMCIS, hker71 and 14 others like this.
  3. Medic!

Medic! What just happened? Has eagle eyes. But cant remember what he saw. Bronze Supporter

You should have grabbed the duck. There great with noodles!

4. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

Or a pheasant would be pleasant. :D

RangerEric and Medic! like this.
  5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Man, I think Ill go with them for my next optic. That is some outstanding customer service.

Medic! likes this.
  6. DingDongMF

DingDongMF Beaverton Member

How about going with something that doesn't break in the first place, like an Aimpoint.:cool:

timac, Medic! and Stomper like this.
  7. Medic!

Hey! Don't kick my poor little broken EOtech when it's down.:D

ocarolan and parallax like this.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LMFAO @ your chosen screen name! :D

Medic! likes this.
  9. Glock Jock

Glock Jock Wilsonville , OR Well-Known Member

I just laughed so hard I cried!! That is great!

Medic! likes this.
  10. Medic!

I just got the 512 back from EO tech. The ''Great NY Storm'' slowed shipping a bit.:s0140:
    It looks new. With new glass. Push buttons, and gaskets for the batt box. They even sent back batteries and new fasteners.

And very bright now.

$12 for shipping back to the factory. But I insured it for $400 so I'm out $19.11 total.
    A great number! An OK price.;)

Hawaiian likes this.
  11. Hawaiian

Hawaiian Tigard Oregon Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing. I have a couple of EO tech's that are way past warranty. If they do go down, I now know to make the call and see what they offer.

Medic! likes this.