JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just purchased an AR on this forum and now it's time to put a quality optic on it. Been shopping around and looking into mainly Eotech and Holosun (side note on this, anybody have any preference between the two?). My main question that I'm looking into somebody answering or offering helpful hints is why if so many people have went with Eotech in the past, and praise them for durability and accuracy, that once this buyback pops up that people are dumping them and switching to other optics? If you aren't having issues with it now, and like the optic, why send it in just because Eotech is offering to buyback? I get if you are one of the few that actually have issues with the sight to send it in, but a working sight that so many have stood behind and reviewed as one of the better optics to put on a rifle (not to mention how many law enforcement and military agencies still using the sights), why hop on the recall ban wagon? We do live in the PNW, we don't see that big of temperature jumps. Just curious what you guys think, don't hold anything back, I don't have any feelings toward either of these companies, owned mainly vortex in the past. Anything helps.

I had no idea about the buy backs. I have owned 3 of them and loved them without issues. I don't know if i'd even consider selling mine back just based on my overall experiences.

When the DOD sues eotech and wins. I think it's time to turn in those optics for something more reliable. Go with Aimpoint. Don't stake your life on a known issue on eotech sight.

I'm talking about the temperature testing that the government did on the EOTech. The reason there was a lawsuit. The shift in zero with extreme temperature changes.
A friend of mine had his glass in glue just from sitting in the sun while we were shooting. There are also other people online saying they experience the same problem. I had 3 different Eotechs each one failed in a different way. The oldest one was only 4 years old.

Interesting. I've had an EoTech 552 for almost 5 years now. I bought it when I bought the rifle that it has stayed on the whole time through 5,000 rounds or so. The rifle has been dropped, ran hard in snow, rain, and higher temperatures (for the NW) and never had an issue aside from the fact that it seems to like to go through batteries. The only time I had to re-zero it was when I took it off the rifle and put it back on. (this was only done to accommodate another accessory) I'm not saying they are the best sight on the market, but I have never met anyone in person that actually shoots their gun complain about an EOTech. That being said I want to put an Aimpoint on my next rifle

511 batt compartment kept braking.
the 512 and xps-2 not sure they just stop working and had to send them in. I bought all of them new.
My buddies 511 is 10 plus years no issues, other then the batt life sucks.

I've got 2 Holosuns, one on my 22/45 lite, and one on my coyote shotgun (mossberg 930) and love both of them. zero isues, on all the time (they shut off after 2 hours, but turn back on when picked up)

Nate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads