JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have a 300blackout build coming that's going to be installed on my SBR.

I'm set on:
Diamondhead Front/Rear sights, rail mounted. (My eye seems to like HK-styled sights)
558 EoTech (Night vision option, with side on/off buttons on a quick detach mount)
Lower 1/3 co-witness

My question is about adding a magnifier and I'm looking at the following:
1) Burris AR-Tripler (3x, flip to the right) ~ $199
2) Vortex VMX-3T (3x, flip to the left) ~ $239
3) Primary Arms 3x LER (3x, need to get a mount) ~$99 but need a mount.

For Burris and Vortex, do they line up with the 558?
For Primary Arms, what mount height should be purchased to line up with the 558?

I've also sent notes to all three companies, but would like to hear from those with first hand experience.

Thanks!

my opinion on magnifiers: you dont need a super expensive one and i recommend a good flip mount(to be able to co witness the optic with your BUIS and also no objective larger than the tube itself so that it does not extend past the mount.

i am not sure which height for the 558 but for what its worth:

i have a primary arms 3x magnifier behind my strike fire 2. i like it because it was gifted to me but i do not like that it has the large objective. it forces me to mount the magnifier back a little further and it has a short eye relief. i used the vortex flip mount and it is 1/3 cowitness height. i think 40mm. i do like the vortex magnifiers that i've handled except for the cost. you are paying for the warranty though. vortex has awesome warranty.

edit: the primary LER is the one i would rather have than the current primary one that i have now
IMG_1938.JPG

If you stare unfocussed @ the three photos, you will find your solution! :D

View attachment 322204 View attachment 322203
View attachment 322205
That's exactly what I want to pack. Must put in request immediately.

Have a 300blackout build coming that's going to be installed on my SBR.

I'm set on:
Diamondhead Front/Rear sights, rail mounted. (My eye seems to like HK-styled sights)
558 EoTech (Night vision option, with side on/off buttons on a quick detach mount)
Lower 1/3 co-witness

My question is about adding a magnifier and I'm looking at the following:
1) Burris AR-Tripler (3x, flip to the right) ~ $199
2) Vortex VMX-3T (3x, flip to the left) ~ $239
3) Primary Arms 3x LER (3x, need to get a mount) ~$99 but need a mount.

For Burris and Vortex, do they line up with the 558?
For Primary Arms, what mount height should be purchased to line up with the 558?

I've also sent notes to all three companies, but would like to hear from those with first hand experience.

Thanks!
Sorry, I haven't used the ones you've listed, but have you considered the G33?
I'm currently on an "I hate Eotech" kick myself, but I have the 558/G33 combo and they do work flawlessly together.

That's exactly what I want to pack. Must put in request immediately.

Sorry, I haven't used the ones you've listed, but have you considered the G33?
I'm currently on an "I hate Eotech" kick myself, but I have the 558/G33 combo and they do work flawlessly together.

I have considered the G33, but everything I have read so far indicates that the ~$300 difference isn't worth the difference in the improvement from burris/vortex to the G33. I'm keeping an open mind to it, but would like to see more value from my money than what I have read so far.

THank you. :)

I owned the 5X sight marks was a piece of crap. I had an AimPoint 3x really nice glass but really expensive. I only bought it cuz I got it half off. I also shot used the Vortex 3x really nice for the money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top