JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm still searching for where you were called "Dumb" in any way shape or form??...........................

I've read this over several times and can find nothing calling you "Dumb".

That's because the post that questioned his suitability for owning a firearm has been removed. Looks like the mods are trying to remove the negative or inflammatory posts that have no place here. Either that or the one who posted had some remorse.

There are many, many very good people on here. But as this site has grown there have been many "keyboard Ninjas" show up who must have never had a mom that always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

That's because the post that questioned his suitability for owning a firearm has been removed. Looks like the mods are trying to remove the negative or inflammatory posts that have no place here. Either that or the one who posted had some remorse.

There are many, many very good people on here. But as this site has grown there have been many "keyboard Ninjas" show up who must have never had a mom that always said, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Though we do see alot of the type that also never had a parent to thicken their skin a little!!

Great.....My former "Home" site had a "Mom" that became so anal that it ruined the site for me, and a lot of other people. These were all long time supporting members, not people that just flew in for a party, so to speak. Life isn't all violets, snuggly puppies and rainbows. We are supposed to be adults here, and I definately have appreciated the way we are treated by the admin. We should be able to take a little poop and deliver it when needed, without going too "Ninja" as you say.

I really enjoy this site, the GOOD, the BAD, AND the little bit of UGLY.

Mike

A full size 1911 is a good choice for some one who is very familiar with it and it's design and shortcomings. After a bit of practice accuracy is very good, the reason I would not reccomend a compact model is that for me short barreled guns are more difficult to achieve any accuracy with at distance. Of course that is not what you want it for, self defense guns are generally used at under 25 feet. I would choose the full size anyway, concealment isn't an issue, capacity may be. Your self conciousness at carrying concealed and thinking everyone is noticing is just that. As an experiment I have carried a full size FNP usg 45 in a high ride holster covered only by a light shirt, "printing" badly, local LEOs and employees at my local starbucks and safeway either didn't notice or care. I only conceal full size guns, always have.

If you want to take a walk on the wild side, try an EAA witness 45 compact, tough, reliable, value priced pistols. Generally available for less than 400 new, shop around.

Another vote for a full sized 1911. The width is what is the issue with concealment, no so much the length.

Besides that if St. John Moses Browning wanted it in a short barrel, he would have designed it that way.:s0114:

Great.....My former "Home" site had a "Mom" that became so anal that it ruined the site for me, and a lot of other people.

I certainly hope that doesn't happen here. But what has about ruined this site for me is people being judgmental a$$hats when there is no reason for it, like the previous post here that's come up missing. If I wanted to deal with that I'd post in craigslist Rants and Raves section.

Back to the thread, I find that the grip length is the part that makes concealment harder, not barrel length. If I can hide a Commander, I can hide a Government model. My Commander is actually a Dan Wesson CBOB and the chopped corner of the grip frame makes it a fairly easy to hide gun. I don't think either of the Officer's sized guns I had was much easier to hide/carry. I also find the Commander size gun easier to shoot well than the smaller guns.

It also looks like the reply from the OP about the removed post questioning his suitability for firearms ownership has been removed.......

Hmmmmm.....

I carry a 3" SW1911. never an issue with it. it comes with extra recoil springs, as the compact 1911s are famous for eating them. if capacity is an issue for you people, maybe you need to spend a bit more time at the range. Quality shots over quantity. You're not preparing for a gun fight for everyday CC.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top