JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lets see; lies, lies and more lies....
Evil shrouded barrels and hi capacity killer clips. But it is the NRA that deals in scare tactics.... rrriiiggghhtt.

He's REALLY trying to tug at the heart strings.. Hmm how about a story where a woman "would" have been raped but she defended her dignity and life with a firearm!

I knew two women who had stories like that but they both had knives, not firearms.

He (and those like him) cannot admit that those who take their own lives are the problems. So much for not blaming a car in a head on collision like blaming a gun for the suicide........

Here's a few facts to keep in mind (CDC and Oregon Health Authority)
Over the last 5 years:
1- Oregon's suicide rate (all methods) has been increasing each year at an (un)healthy rate.
2- Where firearms are concerned, it is pretty consistent at 83% of all gun related deaths
2a- Homicides are about 12-15% each year. Legal intervention and accidents make up the remainder.
2b- the Northwest and mid-west in general have a suicide problem.
3- Suicides over the last 5 years where a firearm is used are fluctuating just over 50%.
3a- This is a change from before the 5-year mark when it could range from between ~60-75%.

In summary, more people in Oregon are committing suicide, they are using fewer firearms to do it with, and it makes up a huge majority of the gun related deaths in our state.

I could go on about homicides (and why background checks/gun control wouldn't work), but what the above starts to show is that we have a mental health issue when it comes to deaths were a firearm was used. NOT 'gun-violence'. (anyone shocked?)

However, you can count on the gun-control crowd to push criminal homicide (i.e. fear) to the masses combined with the suicide rate (amplification of fear). It has to make me wonder if they've lost their minds and just how far they are willing to cut-off their nose to win more gun-control laws to save face and self-esteem at the expense of actually caring about the why and how to save actual lives of people.

Last Edited:
As for the article, the very first words are wrong: gun-violence. If they want to talk honestly about it, they should call it "violence when a gun is used".

I know it doesn't seem like much, but one focuses on "the gun" as the problem; as if it is a co-conspirator being used in a crime and being held by a mysterious hand connected to an arm that disappears into the fog of the imagination. Or the police should put out a APB for a gun description instead of a per.
The other places the responsibility on the action of an individual who chooses to use a firearm as their tool, where the responsibility and focus should be.

Here's a few facts to keep in mind (CDC and Oregon Health Authority)
Over the last 5 years:
1- Oregon's suicide rate (all methods) has been increasing each year at an (un)healthy rate.
2- Where firearms are concerned, it is pretty consistent at 83% of all gun related deaths
2a- Homicides are about 12-15% each year. Legal intervention and accidents make up the remainder. in 2013,
3- Suicides over the last 5 years where a firearm is used are fluctuating just over 50%.
2b- the Northwest and mid-west in general have a suicide problem.
3a- This is a change from before the 5-year mark when it could range from between ~60-75%.

In summary, more people in Oregon are committing suicide, they are using fewer firearms to do it with, and it makes up a huge majority of the gun related deaths in our state.

I could go on about homicides (and why background checks/gun control wouldn't work), but what the above starts to show is that we have a mental health issue when it comes to deaths were a firearm was used. NOT 'gun-violence'. (anyone shocked?)

However, you can count on the gun-control crowd to push criminal homicide (i.e. fear) to the masses combined with the suicide rate (amplification of fear). It has to make me wonder if they've lost their minds and just how far they are willing to cut-off their nose to win more gun-control laws to save face and self-esteem at the expense of actually caring about the why and how to save actual lives of people.

So I'm thinking out loud here regarding the rise in suicide rates in Oregon.......Oregon has the assisted suicide law on its books and apparently people are willing to move here to use it (i.e. Brittany Maynard).

Is this law driving the increase in suicide rates or are "assisted" cases tracked separately?

E

Just read it and threw up in my mouth a little. He's going to be getting a letter from me on this once I get a proper response worked up. Honestly, this guy is just using fear-mongering to further his agenda. Hardly a surprise, but always disappointing.

I sent him an email this morning. He was on NPR yesterday stating that if we had more gun control his brother would not have shot himself.

People will figure out a way to kill themselves if they want to.

He either didnt help his brother, or give a crap when he was around, or feels helpless even if he tried to help. So now he is trying to punish everyone else because of some stupid emotional crusade to bring back his brother.

Why didnt you help him when he was alive? Why blame the gun when you should blame yourself?

Make sure you checkout his report in .PDF form (link in blue).o_O
Take your meds first it you are faint of heart.:eek:

http://www.blumenauer.house.gov/ind...eleases-gun-safety-report&catid=63&Itemid=220

From his Introduction

I understand the complicated American relationship with guns. I grew up with guns. Some of my earliest memories are of pistols owned by my father and kept at home. Like many children, I knew where they were and I played with them. I can still vividly remember my ears ringing from an incident when a bullet discharged in our concrete basement....

Years later, tragedy struck my own family. My brother, who suffered from depression, disappeared. He had dropped out of sight before, but this time was different because he didn't come back. Several years later his body, a bottle of alcohol, and a gun were found in a deserted spot in the Mount Hood Forest where he had taken his own life....

:rolleyes::eek:o_O
Oh why couldn't it have been him.

Seems strange that this state made assisted suicide available, yet blame gun owners for do it yourself methods---not about suicide, Earl, you just want our guns!

I think his brother was a coward. He drank his bottle before he could shoot himself. So why didn't bubblegum head blame the alcohol for getting him to the point of pulling the trigger. Yep blame the gun not the IDIOT.

The trigger does NOT pull the finger. A gun is not required for Murder-Suicide. This just happened in the practically gun free state of New Jersey

http://www.people.com/article/friend-talks-jp-morgan-banker-murder-suicide

Denise was killed by strangulation and a single stab wound to her chest, while Michael died from a self-inflicted stab wound to his chest.

I am sure if he had used a firearm, it would be blamed for both deaths instead of the crazy.

So I'm thinking out loud here regarding the rise in suicide rates in Oregon.......Oregon has the assisted suicide law on its books and apparently people are willing to move here to use it (i.e. Brittany Maynard).

Is this law driving the increase in suicide rates or are "assisted" cases tracked separately?

E
Yup... if the irony doesn't get you, the hypocrisy will. His brother could have just as easily driven off a cliff, jumped from a bridge, or hooked a hose to is muffler pipe. Using this example as a basis to trample of the citizens 2AR's is bullbubblegum, complete and utter bullbubblegum.

I stopped reading his crap when I got to "careful and thoughtful regulation"
The second amendment says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
He needs to read the second amendment until he understands the difference

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top