Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Enough is Enough is Too Much Rep. Earl Blumenhauer

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by MTpockets, Feb 9, 2015.

1. MTpockets

MTpockets Oregon Well-Known Member

MT

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Abandon all hope of peace, voters of Oregon.

3. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Lets see; lies, lies and more lies....
    Evil shrouded barrels and hi capacity killer clips. But it is the NRA that deals in scare tactics.... rrriiiggghhtt.

Slobray, Stomper, MTpockets and 2 others like this.
  4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

He (and those like him) cannot admit that those who take their own lives are the problems. So much for not blaming a car in a head on collision like blaming a gun for the suicide........

5. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

BlueManure is the new Mark Kelly - using his brothers' tragic death to further his political agenda... shameless...

CWOUSCG, Slobray, robertg and 3 others like this.
  6. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

He's REALLY trying to tug at the heart strings.. Hmm how about a story where a woman "would" have been raped but she defended her dignity and life with a firearm!

I knew two women who had stories like that but they both had knives, not firearms.

MTpockets likes this.
  7. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Ban high capacity alcohol bottles.

8. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

Here's a few facts to keep in mind (CDC and Oregon Health Authority)
    Over the last 5 years:
    1- Oregon's suicide rate (all methods) has been increasing each year at an (un)healthy rate.
    2- Where firearms are concerned, it is pretty consistent at 83% of all gun related deaths
    2a- Homicides are about 12-15% each year. Legal intervention and accidents make up the remainder.
    2b- the Northwest and mid-west in general have a suicide problem.
    3- Suicides over the last 5 years where a firearm is used are fluctuating just over 50%.
    3a- This is a change from before the 5-year mark when it could range from between ~60-75%.

In summary, more people in Oregon are committing suicide, they are using fewer firearms to do it with, and it makes up a huge majority of the gun related deaths in our state.

I could go on about homicides (and why background checks/gun control wouldn't work), but what the above starts to show is that we have a mental health issue when it comes to deaths were a firearm was used. NOT 'gun-violence'. (anyone shocked?)

However, you can count on the gun-control crowd to push criminal homicide (i.e. fear) to the masses combined with the suicide rate (amplification of fear). It has to make me wonder if they've lost their minds and just how far they are willing to cut-off their nose to win more gun-control laws to save face and self-esteem at the expense of actually caring about the why and how to save actual lives of people.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    bnsaibum, MTpockets and Caveman Jim like this.
  9. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

As for the article, the very first words are wrong: gun-violence. If they want to talk honestly about it, they should call it "violence when a gun is used".

I know it doesn't seem like much, but one focuses on "the gun" as the problem; as if it is a co-conspirator being used in a crime and being held by a mysterious hand connected to an arm that disappears into the fog of the imagination. Or the police should put out a APB for a gun description instead of a per.
    The other places the responsibility on the action of an individual who chooses to use a firearm as their tool, where the responsibility and focus should be.

RW-Ore, bnsaibum, MTpockets and 3 others like this.
  10. nehalemguy

nehalemguy Vernonia Well-Known Member

So I'm thinking out loud here regarding the rise in suicide rates in Oregon.......Oregon has the assisted suicide law on its books and apparently people are willing to move here to use it (i.e. Brittany Maynard).

Is this law driving the increase in suicide rates or are "assisted" cases tracked separately?

E

CWOUSCG and MTpockets like this.
  11. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Just read it and threw up in my mouth a little. He's going to be getting a letter from me on this once I get a proper response worked up. Honestly, this guy is just using fear-mongering to further his agenda. Hardly a surprise, but always disappointing.

MTpockets and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I sent him an email this morning. He was on NPR yesterday stating that if we had more gun control his brother would not have shot himself.

People will figure out a way to kill themselves if they want to.

He either didnt help his brother, or give a crap when he was around, or feels helpless even if he tried to help. So now he is trying to punish everyone else because of some stupid emotional crusade to bring back his brother.

Why didnt you help him when he was alive? Why blame the gun when you should blame yourself?

RW-Ore, Caveman Jim, 3MTA3 and 2 others like this.
  13. eliduc

eliduc Active Member

Oh why couldn't it have been him.

14. GUNARCHER

GUNARCHER Well-Known Member

Seems strange that this state made assisted suicide available, yet blame gun owners for do it yourself methods---not about suicide, Earl, you just want our guns!

15. Black Dog

Black Dog Eagle Creek Or Active Member

I think his brother was a coward. He drank his bottle before he could shoot himself. So why didn't bubblegum head blame the alcohol for getting him to the point of pulling the trigger. Yep blame the gun not the IDIOT.

16. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

I'm not going to judge the brother, but BlueManure using his brothers death politically is despicable.

Caveman Jim and MTpockets like this.
  17. U201494

U201494 Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true ignoramus.

18. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

The trigger does NOT pull the finger. A gun is not required for Murder-Suicide. This just happened in the practically gun free state of New Jersey

http://www.people.com/article/friend-talks-jp-morgan-banker-murder-suicide

Denise was killed by strangulation and a single stab wound to her chest, while Michael died from a self-inflicted stab wound to his chest.

I am sure if he had used a firearm, it would be blamed for both deaths instead of the crazy.

19. freestoneangler

freestoneangler wa Well-Known Member

Yup... if the irony doesn't get you, the hypocrisy will. His brother could have just as easily driven off a cliff, jumped from a bridge, or hooked a hose to is muffler pipe. Using this example as a basis to trample of the citizens 2AR's is bullbubblegum, complete and utter bullbubblegum.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  20. RW-Ore

RW-Ore Oregon Well-Known Member

I stopped reading his crap when I got to "careful and thoughtful regulation"
    The second amendment says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.
    He needs to read the second amendment until he understands the difference

Caveman Jim and 3MTA3 like this.