JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When one is an all in coomplier, then yes, it is fun to look down on others who are not. We learned that with Covidiot as well.
Ive known too many people who have gone to club fed to pretend like I would put my freedom, livelihood, marriage and gun rights at risk to save 200 bucks. Thanks though.

Ive known too many people who have gone to club fed to pretend like I would put my freedom, livelihood, marriage and gun rights at risk to save 200 bucks. Thanks though.
The non-Coomplier just puts a 16"bbl on the 'pistol' and moves on rather than volunteering an inventory list to those who work 24/7 for our apparent best interest. The novelty is not worth the registration.

The non-Coomplier just puts a 16"bbl on the 'pistol' and moves on rather than volunteering an inventory list to those who work 24/7 for our apparent best interest. The novelty is not worth the registration.
Well said you can have said item but need a $200 tax stamp but we are probably going to raise it to $800. We will now knows who has what and make a ton of money. Best way to not comply is not giving the government money..

Well said you can have said item but need a $200 tax stamp but we are probably going to raise it to $800. We will now knows who has what and make a ton of money. Best way to not comply is not giving the government money..
So much paranoia for a relatively unknown govt program thats almost 90 years old.

So much paranoia for a relatively unknown govt program thats almost 90 years old.
But you said: "Ive known too many people who have gone to club fed to pretend like I would put my freedom, livelihood, marriage and gun rights at risk to save 200 bucks. Thanks though"

So is it paranoia or actually "too many people who have gone to club fed"….🤔

Who's going to enforce this if it goes through? I doubt the gun clubs will be willing to to act as law enforcement or snitches and local LEO doesn't have time for this nonsense. I suspect it'll be an add on to any other charges and will be negotiated away.
Sorry to say it, but most gun clubs and ranges will bend over and rat people out in a heartbeat. They did when the AFT was going back and forth on whether or not a brace could touch your shoulder. Never underestimate the range Karen's and sympathizers. I find that a lot of clubs and ranges only play lip service to the second amendment, and it only matters when it bolsters their member enrollment.

Sorry to say it, but most gun clubs and ranges will bend over and rat people out in a heartbeat. They did when the AFT was going back and forth on whether or not a brace could touch your shoulder. Never underestimate the range Karen's and sympathizers. I find that a lot of clubs and ranges only play lip service to the second amendment, and it only matters when it bolsters their member enrollment.
I went to the English pit and the gal had a cow because I was shooting with a suppressor on my 9mm AR, and demanded I show a copy of my tax stamp 🥴

But you said: "Ive known too many people who have gone to club fed to pretend like I would put my freedom, livelihood, marriage and gun rights at risk to save 200 bucks. Thanks though"

If the people who I have known that went to jail on NFA charges had followed the law they wouldnt have gone to club fed. Like it or not its the law and the feds do prosecute NFA charges.

Last Edited:
$200 in 1934 dollars is equivalent to over $4,000 today, obviously intended to keep everyone but the wealthy from buying class 3 stuff. Makes one wonder why there hasn't been a push over the years to raise it for inflation. Personally I've just never been interested in these kinds of guns, but for the sake of those who are, I'm glad they haven't.

$200 in 1934 dollars is equivalent to over $4,000 today, obviously intended to keep everyone but the wealthy from buying class 3 stuff. Makes one wonder why there hasn't been a push over the years to raise it for inflation. Personally I've just never been interested in these kinds of guns, but for the sake of those who are, I'm glad they haven't.
Its more than that. Gold cost $32 an ounce in 1934. $1844 today. Thats a 60X increase. The equivalent would be $12,000. A $2000 house in 1934 costs $340K now. Thats a 170X increase. SAME HOUSE. People use CPI numbers which are heavily reliant on food costs which are meaningless when factoring in modern food manufacturing production and farming which has drastically driven down costs of those staples.

The NFA is a sleeping dog best left undisturbed. Its the gun control measure that probably most congress members dont even know exist. Ironically it checks all the gun control boxes.

I knew a guy real well who did this. He was a LOT of fun to shoot with and such but, he went off the deep end. Started in with the only silver and gold, taxes are not for me, and gun laws do not apply to me. He poked the bear for a LONG time until they finally bit. He then ran. Managed to stay free for a couple more years and they of course caught him and sent him to club Fed. As they change the laws I will not like it but, I am not going to just ignore them.

They know that stuff anyway, regardless of tax stamps
You may remember the government has kept every 4473 record they've handled and by now they have undoubtedly digitized them, regardless of the laws prohibiting that. They know who has every gun ever transferred through an FFL. So if that AR receiver was sold as a pistol or other, how hard would it be for them to run a filter on those 4473's to see who has what?

I shoot at an indoor range. I wonder how they will feel about AR pistols if this crap goes into effect.

They know that stuff anyway, regardless of tax stamps
You may remember the government has kept every 4473 record they've handled and by now they have undoubtedly digitized them, regardless of the laws prohibiting that. They know who has every gun ever transferred through an FFL. So if that AR receiver was sold as a pistol or other, how hard would it be for them to run a filter on those 4473's to see who has what?

I shoot at an indoor range. I wonder how they will feel about AR pistols if this crap goes into effect.
Yeah my pistols don't exist..... some will be sticklers on it for sure. some will tell you follow the laws and if you don't the gun club will have no liability on what happens to you.

Last Edited:
Not here to get your panties in a bunch about a muzzle brake. I'll do me and you do yourself offer still stands if you want to see the difference.

Don't mind him. He loves to argue and hates to be wrong. There is a type of brake called a linear compensator, that pushes all of the gasses forward. It greatly reduces the concussion experienced behind the gun. I have a few of them and they work well, especially on shorter barrels. They make things much more pleasant for the shooter and those around him. Less so, I assume, for those in front of the barrel. It sounds like what you have is a linear comp or something similar.

Does anyone have a link to an official atf site stating the actual date the brace ban takes effect? I mean I searched for about an hour tonight and I can't find anything official. Sorry if has already been posted on here, but I couldn't find it...

I'm confused why AR pistol prices would "crater" because of this? If anything prices would drop $200 to cover tax stamp.. or am I missing something?
It's a lot more than just the $200. Lots of hoops to jump through, before during and after ownership. Many will consider both the stamp and the chart not worth the hassle. I'll be most folks who have an AR pistol have several other guns they can enjoy.

Don't mind him. He loves to argue and hates to be wrong. There is a type of brake called a linear compensator, that pushes all of the gasses forward. It greatly reduces the concussion experienced behind the gun. I have a few of them and they work well, especially on shorter barrels. They make things much more pleasant for the shooter and those around him. Less so, I assume, for those in front of the barrel. It sounds like what you have is a linear comp or something similar.
Yep it's pretty much what it's is but removable for uses of the brake if you want. Over all system reduce concussion greatly and helps with recoil. He doesn't bug me one bit just has no idea of other people back ground.

Does anyone have a link to an official atf site stating the actual date the brace ban takes effect? I mean I searched for about an hour tonight and I can't find anything official. Sorry if has already been posted on here, but I couldn't find it...
No official guide lines have been 100% released

It's a lot more than just the $200. Lots of hoops to jump through, before during and after ownership. Many will consider both the stamp and the chart not worth the hassle. I'll be most folks who have an AR pistol have several other guns they can enjoy.
Can you explain further for me? Is it more hoops than buying a rifle? I guess I'm just not knowledgeable on this subject but I thought I could just get the stamp and it's all good. In fact the benefit in getting an AR pistol and the stamp is that you can switch between the two. But you can't do that the other way around.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top