JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not sure if the OP responded to this old thread, but check out TactiCrayola on youtube. I did this to my Shield and my M&P 15/22 and it turned out great! I was a little nervous, but it turned out awesome and was told it lasts a few years.....and if you need to touch up, it only takes a minute!!

A lot of people use finger nail polish. Just make sure you use non-acetone polish remover to clean up any excess on polymer guns. I did mine not so much for looks, but so I can see what model and caliber the guns/mags are without having to put on reading glasses.

Crayon works well and is non permanent. Wide range of colors to choose from if you are so inclined. Also gun solvent cuts the crayon wax well for clean up or removal of color. I did that to the Safe and Fire markers on my AR and haven't had to touch up at all. I do keep a red and white crayon in my range bag just in case.

nail polish works also...XD Talk has a writeup on it...I'll see if I can find it.

People have used grease pencils also...

EDIT: OK, very long, and old thread; using crayon: <broken link removed>

EDIT: Another thread using nail polish: <broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR