JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can see the excess, looks like you filled it like you would a grout line, and cleaned off the surface.

I plan to paint the rollmark on my ar lower when it comes in. Gonna use a fine brush and some red enamel.

I guess I'm the only one that built model cars on here. I'd use Testors model enamel. It's a lot like how I used to ad detail to models. The "Dukes of Hazard" Charger come to mind. On the wheels, I'd float flat black paint in the low areas and then simply wipe off the extra with a tissue. They were chrome so the didn't need thinner to come completely clean, like a gun probably would.

I guess I'm the only one that built model cars on here. I'd use Testors model enamel. It's a lot like how I used to ad detail to models. The "Dukes of Hazard" Charger come to mind. On the wheels, I'd float flat black paint in the low areas and then simply wipe off the extra with a tissue. They were chrome so the didn't need thinner to come completely clean, like a gun probably would.

Yep that's what I would use but nowadays with all the dang safety minded idiots the Testors paint is water wash up. No more sniffin the fumes, cant have any fun nowadays. I bought a airbrush kit from them for the kids models and noticed the water wash up paint in it.

Back during the dark ages when we carried blue steel revolvers on duty at the police department, I learned to apply car wax to the outside surfaces to prevent rust and somewhat protect from holster wear. The result was that when the wax dried, it highlighted the engraving, not quite as much as seen here, but clearly visible.

Ok Ok,, are you going to post what you did, or are you going to go on and on with the guessing game? I complemented your work on your other post, I even attempted to PM you since you were receiving a bashing from a few of the folks there. If your going to continue this type of behavior here also,, I'll attempt to use other methods provided by other posters that actually don't mind sharing. Sorry to take a poke at you, but it has gotten a little stale you know.

I'm sure he's using paint sticks. It's what I've been using. The paint stick has a waxy consistency. You rub it over the surface really well, dip a cloth in alcohol, stretch the cloth tightly over your finger and rub off the excess paint.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top