JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me or is the English Pit wayyyy too expensive these days for what it is? I went with my son last week and for the two of us to shoot (without renting anything or even buying a single target) it was $25. About six trips a year and I have spent more there than I would for a yearly membership elsewhere. I guess I could understand if it was a good range, but the target stands are destroyed, it isn't well maintained, and they even took out the decent spuff like the shooting tree.

Skang hit it right there. They are the only game in town. I was there over a year ago and it was not to bad but the prices suck.

Clarks is the best option on a Sunday and there facilities at very well maintained. I had a membership there and let it lapse as I had a brain fart and well now good luck getting one.

I really wish there was somewhere to shoot in Vancouver that did not cost to much!

You could also try Wolverton. Not as nice as Douglas or Tri-County but much better than the Pit.

I was able to join TCGC before the mad rush a little over a year ago...now they have a very long waiting list; much like Clark Rifles.

Is it just me or is the English Pit wayyyy too expensive these days for what it is? I went with my son last week and for the two of us to shoot (without renting anything or even buying a single target) it was $25.
:confused: That's $12.50 a person.... for a range you dont have to be a member.... and can bring your own ammo.....

:confused: That's $12.50 a person.... for a range you dont have to be a member.... and can bring your own ammo.....
Adult is $16.50 and minor is $6.95 plus tax. The web site says 8.2% tax but I think that's 8.4% now. Also no AK or AR pistols or Class III weapons.

I don't think the price is that bad considering is an all day charge and you can bring your own ammo.

Go price a few hours at "The Place to Shoot" in Delta Park, plus you have to by ammo from them.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Anything close to the PDX area is not accepting new members and have a waiting list. For me personally to drive to any of the ones still open is over a two hour round trip and over $50.00 in auto expense at the standard rate per mile. English Pit is a 40 min round trip and about $10.00 auto expense plus I can stop off and see the grandkids on the way back as they live nearby or take a break and have some coffee or eat at my daughter's house then go back to the range. To me it is a lot cheaper to go there as the total cost including range fees is half of what I would spend just getting to the other places and have more shooting time and less getting there time. As I said this applies to my situation only.

I
Skang hit it right there. They are the only game in town. I was there over a year ago and it was not to bad but the prices suck.

Clarks is the best option on a Sunday and there facilities at very well maintained. I had a membership there and let it lapse as I had a brain fart and well now good luck getting one.

I really wish there was somewhere to shoot in Vancouver that did not cost to much!
Ditto on Clark Rifles, great range, very safety conscious, nice people! When I became disabled I had to let my membership go. A sad day!
Oh yeah! English Pit Sucks.

The Pit isn't bad at all if you go when they open and you're the only one(s) there. I usually go Sunday morning when a lot of people are in church. $16.50 and I played for a few hours. I was the only one on the 100yard range when the 25/50 benches were full. Seems all the hunters have gone for the year and all the AR guys with red dots wanted to use the shorter range. It helps that the Pit is only about a mile from me.

Of course, TCGC is nicer, but it's also 45 minutes away.

I'm going to let my Clark Rifles membership go this year, wish I could sell it to one of you. Held onto it last year just in case I moved back over that way, but love it on this side of the mountain and I can shoot free 5 minutes from my house.:winkkiss:

I'm going to let my Clark Rifles membership go this year, wish I could sell it to one of you. Held onto it last year just in case I moved back over that way, but love it on this side of the mountain and I can shoot free 5 minutes from my house.:winkkiss:

You think I could fool them into think I am you? I know I am prettier...but it is worth a try.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top