JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get the engagement ring, and let her know you gave up your beloved M4 for her, and that you would love to get an M4 to protect her with using all the $$$ you're going to get from the wedding gifts :D Win-win!

Buy an Ar-15 and get the engagement ring at a pawn shop and put it in an expensive jewelry box, she will never know the difference and you save about 75% off a ring that is marked up 1000% at a jewelry store.

Should I hold off getting an engagement ring for my girlfriend or get an AR15/1911? What is the right thing to do?

Well there's no right thing to do, the fact that you're asking leads me to believe the AR will be there long after the little lady.

You both have a point...but, when you want sex, what can your rifle do for you? :confused:

Well if you were a rapist I suppose it could help, but since we hope your not might I point out that women also want sex, and a marriage really has an adverse effect on your dating options.

I just had the same decision recently and here's what I came up with.

Get the ring and buy it wholesale. Go to the diamond district in Portland. Don't do retail Benbridge/Jared/.etc.

PM me for a contact. Be prepared to be searched and don't have a gun on you.

Listen to what she wants in a ring.

Don't think you will "upgrade" the ring later or you'll look like a cheap arse. If you stay in the .90 - .93 carat range you'll get the 1 carat look without the premium. Stay away from I1 or G/H color diamonds. Remeber the 4 C's (Cut Color Clarity, Carat)

A nice ring will make you way "cooler" than an tacticool AR in the safe.

The rifle will last longer and maybe save your life...

Maybe he'll choke and a piece of steak she'll save him? :s0114::s0114:

I'd like to see an AR give you the Heimlich. (Maybe not):D

Also, another body means more cover fire and projectiles down range.

Last Edited:
Do both, buy a lower and a ring. I have a nice but small engagement ring that I've been looking at selling. Didn't work out for me luckily and have since married a different gal. It's only a 1/5th carat can't remember the ring size...it's small. Yellow 14kt gold. I paid $800 for it in 1996 and was trying to sell it for $500 but I would take $350 for it at this point.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top