JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
How does the bore look? Pretty dark, rifling strong, shiny, pitted, full of cobwebs from 30 years in a vault? I realize it was made nearly 100 years ago, but some have pretty nice bores. My friend bought one of the old, ugly grenade ones that had wire wrapped around the for-end, and the barrel was wonderful as the only use was apparently from occasional grenades.

Great question. I have no real basis for comparison other than new rifles so I would say the bore is not as shiney but the rifling looks fine. On that basis I guess it has what you would call a "dark bore" (?) but I do not see any pitting.
I will get some one who knows this type of rifle to come look at it next weekend. I don't think I can photograph the bore.
You are, of course, welcome to check it out.
He did take his rifles out and clean them occasionally, he was just not a shooter and he is now in his late 70's and has other interests.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.