Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Enfield Jungle Carbine

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by RedneckRampage, Jun 14, 2015.

1. RedneckRampage

RedneckRampage Newberg Well-Known Member

image.jpg I just got an Enfield "Jungle Carbine" in .303 British from a neighbor. It looks to be in good shape, other than missing the butt plate and a light engraving of a DL or SS number. From what I've found, this is a real JC and not a clone. Any idea what it's worth, as is?

orygun, 308 and Loptr like this.
  2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Great find, Redneck! Sweet carbine!

3. RedneckRampage

Thanks! Don't know a thing about it, but detachable mag was cool. I paid $190 for it after some tough negotiations. I figured if nothing else it would be cool to modify.

4. BillM

BillM Amity OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You just might have a real one there. If so--don't mess with it. It's got some value.

orygun likes this.
  5. nextgenar

nextgenar roseburg Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You got a smoking deal on that don't modify anything on it, they are quite collectible now.

6. Blane67

Blane67 columbia gorge Active Member

could be the engraving is maker? I.E- Fazerkley and serial # they were pencil engraved on left side of reciever...had a Fazerkley myself, maybe it isn't? just thought I'd throw it out there...Blane

7. RedneckRampage

Pretty sure it's somebody's DL#. It is on the right side, one the metal that goes vertical (kinda) between the two pieces of wood. The bolt handle covers them mostly when it's down.

8. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

youll need to pull the stock to check, real ones will have lightening cuts on the reciver...check the enfield section of gunboards for help, those guys are awewome.

9. RedneckRampage

I haven't pulled the stock, but it has all the other machine marks that are visible while the stock is on.

10. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice gun. Always wanted one myself.
    Even if it's not a "real" #5, I'd not modify it.
    These had a weird rubber recoil pad, not a metal butt plate.

11. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

I have an Ishapore Enfield in JC config in 762x51

Of course, it isn't as good as a British Enfield, it is an older model/series and it isn't an authentic JC.

However, I got it for $220 at a gun show and it had the read sight base modified to take a Scout Scope mount and had a cheap scope on it. Haven't shot it yet, but I will probably get a synthetic stock and get one of those adapters to take a folding AR or AK type buttstock. Then it will be a decent truck gun.