JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
image.jpg I just got an Enfield "Jungle Carbine" in .303 British from a neighbor. It looks to be in good shape, other than missing the butt plate and a light engraving of a DL or SS number. From what I've found, this is a real JC and not a clone. Any idea what it's worth, as is?

Thanks! Don't know a thing about it, but detachable mag was cool. I paid $190 for it after some tough negotiations. I figured if nothing else it would be cool to modify.

could be the engraving is maker? I.E- Fazerkley and serial # they were pencil engraved on left side of reciever...had a Fazerkley myself, maybe it isn't? just thought I'd throw it out there...Blane

Pretty sure it's somebody's DL#. It is on the right side, one the metal that goes vertical (kinda) between the two pieces of wood. The bolt handle covers them mostly when it's down.

youll need to pull the stock to check, real ones will have lightening cuts on the reciver...check the enfield section of gunboards for help, those guys are awewome.

Nice gun. Always wanted one myself.
Even if it's not a "real" #5, I'd not modify it.
These had a weird rubber recoil pad, not a metal butt plate.

I have an Ishapore Enfield in JC config in 762x51

Of course, it isn't as good as a British Enfield, it is an older model/series and it isn't an authentic JC.

However, I got it for $220 at a gun show and it had the read sight base modified to take a Scout Scope mount and had a cheap scope on it. Haven't shot it yet, but I will probably get a synthetic stock and get one of those adapters to take a folding AR or AK type buttstock. Then it will be a decent truck gun.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top