Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

enfield 303

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by roguebowhunter, Jan 11, 2010.

1. roguebowhunter

roguebowhunter medford Member

i just picked up an enfield 303 .. i know nothing about them .. i like milt. rifles but i'm fairly new to collecting them... it looks like bubba has messed w/ the stock & put hi ORDL # on the reciever :dunno: .. i'm not sure about the rest of the gun .. are the front sights original? also the rear sights have mk. III stamped on them so i'm thinkin they are not original either .. any info or collectors website will be appreciated ... i'm gonna try to put it back to original .. if it don't cost more than buyin another enfield in original condition. but for $75 i'll enjoy shootin it no matter the outcome ..Don

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

You have a No4 MkII ROF (F) Royal Ordinance Factory, Fazakerly. It had a FTR in 46 Factory Through Repair. When going through the FTR the rifles are commonly miss-matched parts wise. You want the bolt and receiver# to match, mag # is a plus. Looks like the end of the barrel has been cut off. Does it have the bayonet lugs? Two small steel rectangles one inch from the end of the barrel. You need a stock set, bands, butt plate, sling swivels and sling. May cost more than it would be worth, BUT it would be a great hands on learning experience for any up and coming Enfield collector, depends on how good you can scrounge parts.

This is a good place to learn about the Enfield.
    http://www.surplusrifleforum.com/viewforum.php?f=27

3. soberups

soberups Newberg Well-Known Member

For $75 you got a heck of a deal, those guns are as tough as nails and great for deer or elk at reasonable ranges.

4. Yankeefan

Yankeefan Southern Oregon Member

I just picked up a couple enfields myself....just wish I could find ammo for it.

Thanks for the link madcrate.

5. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

6. roguebowhunter

i'm pretty sure bi mart carries it .. blackbird does also if ya wanna pay that much .. Don

7. roguebowhunter

one other ?? it has a Y w/ 2 lines on the vertical part.. then a 4 digit # is that a serial # or ???? what is the Y?? Don

8. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean by "vertical part". Can you post a pic?

9. roguebowhunter

yeah the pic above is hard to see it ... i'll get a better one tonight ..
    couldn't get a good pic off the gun so i attempted to draw lol...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010