JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently built a 9mm pistol ar upper and rather than build a dedicated pistol lower for Glock or Colt mags I thought I would give these a try and utilize my 300blk pistol lower. The concept is great allowing you to use a gen 2 or 3 30rd pmag and just drop the endomag guts in for the conversion. From the beginning these things kind of scream cheese and during manually cycling of dummy rounds I was not impressed. The ejector and opposite rail lock that snap over lips of p mag are rather flimsy and easy to bend. I did not have high hopes but reserved judgement until I did live fire test. Well this weekend I did just that, firing my 9mm upper for the first time. I have to say despite the cheesy appearance, I did not have a single malf through 120 rds with two different converted mags. The plastic ejector built into the mag adapter means that if you want to drop a mag with rds remaining and then clear chamber, you have to reach in action after locking it back and removing live round from bolt face with a tool or a finger unless you got sausages like me:(. The other thing that is not quite great is the fact that you must seat loaded mag with action locked back as it wont seat in otherwise and they do not recommend trying it. Other than these caveats the things just sorta worked feeding and ejecting great. The action also locked back on last round every time. I used 124gr blazer brass ammo and Wolf 115gr military classic steel ammo and both ran fine. I also shot a mag of each supressed with no issue other than on a short coupled pistol build, the smoke that permeates the action kind of gets to you a bit. I am not sure how the longevity on these will be but I will give them a fair shake and give another report after some extended use. They are a bit spendy at $28 a mag or 3 for $80 or so. Of course this is on top of the cost of the 30rd pmags. It is a neat concept and I hope they stick around long enough to improve upon this design. 32750880-48AF-4C62-B4A7-F4920446667A.jpeg 23BBFFC9-A57F-40A4-98CA-87F8D16B0C22.jpeg 12799A31-6A0D-4153-B719-367D10F8F075.jpeg 88F3DE9F-7D46-4B03-BB90-FE2DB8575235.jpeg 5D0248EA-11F6-4237-8AF7-74541DE6C91A.jpeg

Last Edited:
I put another 120 rounds through these mags last weekend and still have not had an issue despite the less than awe inspiring flimsy plastic make up of these things.

I now have put 400 rds through the endomag conversion without a hicuup. I am becoming a believer. I have read where some people have had the conversion have had a second to last round bho issue but I believe this is a tolerance stacking issue with certain lowers. Endomag states the follower can be slightly trimmed if it is an issue with your lower. My Endomag conversion is still rocking!

I recently built a 9mm pistol ar upper and rather than build a dedicated pistol lower for Glock or Colt mags I thought I would give these a try and utilize my 300blk pistol lower. The concept is great allowing you to use a gen 2 or 3 30rd pmag and just drop the endomag guts in for the conversion. From the beginning these things kind of scream cheese and during manually cycling of dummy rounds I was not impressed. The ejector and opposite rail lock that snap over lips of p mag are rather flimsy and easy to bend. I did not have high hopes but reserved judgement until I did live fire test. Well this weekend I did just that, firing my 9mm upper for the first time. I have to say despite the cheesy appearance, I did not have a single malf through 120 rds with two different converted mags. The plastic ejector built into the mag adapter means that if you want to drop a mag with rds remaining and then clear chamber, you have to reach in action after locking it back and removing live round from bolt face with a tool or a finger unless you got sausages like me:(. The other thing that is not quite great is the fact that you must seat loaded mag with action locked back as it wont seat in otherwise and they do not recommend trying it. Other than these caveats the things just sorta worked feeding and ejecting great. The action also locked back on last round every time. I used 124gr blazer brass ammo and Wolf 115gr military classic steel ammo and both ran fine. I also shot a mag of each supressed with no issue other than on a short coupled pistol build, the smoke that permeates the action kind of gets to you a bit. I am not sure how the longevity on these will be but I will give them a fair shake and give another report after some extended use. They are a bit spendy at $28 a mag or 3 for $80 or so. Of course this is on top of the cost of the 30rd pmags. It is a neat concept and I hope they stick around long enough to improve upon this design.View attachment 533036 View attachment 533037 View attachment 533038 View attachment 533042 View attachment 533043
Are you still digging the Endomags? Clearing a round without mag sounds like a pain. Would it be easier to keep an empty Endomag with you to install for clearing a round?

I put quite a few rounds through a couple endomag converted pmags and I still think they have their place for a quick and dirty 9mm ar pistol . I have since moved on to a dedicated glock mag lower and it is superior albeit more costly. To tell you the truth I am kind of over the whole 9mm ar pistol thing and am thinking about selling it as well. That is kind of my personality though, I like building and tinkering and getting the most out of a build and then I get bored with them unless they really fill a niche that I need filled.

My feelings about AR pistols at this point kind of go like this. The weight of an AR pistol is very similar no matter what the chambering, maybe even a bit heavier in the pistol cartridge chamberings. This due to the mass of the bolt and weight of the buffer. The recoil of the standard blowback configuration is also surprisingly stout with all that reciprocating mass. So, if it isn't lighter and it doesn't have less recoil why not just have an ar pistol in a rifle cartridge with superior terminal ballistics? Cost per round of 9mm is certainly attractive compared to rifle rounds, but honestly 7.62x39 steel cased ammo is just as cheap and feeds/functions great through my builds. I have an 11.5" pistol in 7.62x 39 that has proven itself to be very reliable with any ammo and also quite accurate. It really doesn't recoil much more than a 9mm Ar and is certainly more capable overall. I do have to admit some of the radial delayed blowback offerings from cmmg do have my attention. I would love to build one in 10mm auto or 45 acp. Maybe when and if this craziness subsides, I will go down that rabbit hole.

My feelings about AR pistols at this point kind of go like this. The weight of an AR pistol is very similar no matter what the chambering, maybe even a bit heavier in the pistol cartridge chamberings. This due to the mass of the bolt and weight of the buffer. The recoil of the standard blowback configuration is also surprisingly stout with all that reciprocating mass. So, if it isn't lighter and it doesn't have less recoil why not just have an ar pistol in a rifle cartridge with superior terminal ballistics? Cost per round of 9mm is certainly attractive compared to rifle rounds, but honestly 7.62x39 steel cased ammo is just as cheap and feeds/functions great through my builds. I have an 11.5" pistol in 7.62x 39 that has proven itself to be very reliable with any ammo and also quite accurate. It really doesn't recoil much more than a 9mm Ar and is certainly more capable overall. I do have to admit some of the radial delayed blowback offerings from cmmg do have my attention. I would love to build one in 10mm auto or 45 acp. Maybe when and if this craziness subsides, I will go down that rabbit hole.
I have a specific purpose for an AR Rifle in 9mm. At my range we have a silhouette range that allows rifles in pistol calibers to shoot FMJ ammo at the silhouette (steel) targets. I would probably not use it much elsewhere so I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on the set up.

I have a specific purpose for an AR Rifle in 9mm. At my range we have a silhouette range that allows rifles in pistol calibers to shoot FMJ ammo at the silhouette (steel) targets. I would probably not use it much elsewhere so I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on the set up.

That makes perfect sense!

thanks everyone for their reviews/thoughts on a PCC setup...I have been looking at building one up for too long now (wishing I started back in Jan/Feb now...). I got a few endomags on a deal from a member here, as I have a SBR lower that would be perfect to slap a CMMG RDB upper on-and I also hate loading glock mags, so the apparent ease of loading an endomag appeals to me as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top