JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all,

I just had occasion to go up in the attic of my rental house for the first time in the 9 years I've owned it and found some empty 12 ga shotgun shells.

And by "some", I mean a thousand or so. I know the former owner's husband (who passed away 7 years before I bought the place) was an NRA instructor and did reloading. They appear to have been nicely sorted and boxed up, and all in good shape.

The question is, do they have any value? I don't reload for shotguns, but I know others do. Would anyone pay a few bucks for a thousand 15+ year old empty shotgun shells?

it depends on what kind they are. if they ar AA's,especially the older 1 piece style,they are very desirabel.So are Rem STS HULLS.

what kind(s) did he leave behind ? most are worth about a nickel apiece,shipping is costly so an ad on here for local pickup works out the best.

it depends on what kind they are. if they ar AA's,especially the older 1 piece style,they are very desirabel.So are Rem STS HULLS.

what kind(s) did he leave behind ? most are worth about a nickel apiece,shipping is costly so an ad on here for local pickup works out the best.

At least one of the boxes is marked "AA". I'll get them down today and see what all is there.

I dug the boxes out today, here's what I have:

(All boxes are old clay pigeon cardboard boxes)

1 box AA hulls
1 box mixed blue and green peters hulls
2 boxes once-fired paper hulls
4 boxes once-fired Federal Reds

Are these the desirable AA's? Are the paper hulls worth anything? I assume the Federal Reds are fairly common, right?

IMG_20130415_132255_zpsb40ef573.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top