JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw a re-supply the other day at Sportsman's but they just loaded up on mostly what was already there. I hadn't been in for quite a while and was surprised by the lack of variety w/the supplies. None of my go to powders were on the shelf.

You mean an uptick in buying induced by the 44 page amendments the anti-gunners are stuffing into bills to make California's gun laws seem like a cake walk compared to Oregon? I'm trying to assess and fortify my supplies in anticipation as it could take a few years to exit Oregon if that becomes necessary.

Some stuff is out there, but it means I'd have to get IMR 4895 instead of the H4895 that I wanted. Some day the ship will come in from Australia.

Free hazmat and fair online pricing has come up a few times in the past 2 months - I haven't been in a local store for a few... Let's hope it's temporary.

Free hazmat and fair online pricing has come up a few times in the past 2 months - I haven't been in a local store for a few... Let's hope it's temporary.
That would be my guess, online sales. I know ammo is showing no problems yet. Just bought a case of 9mm last week and ordered another case of CCI .22 tonight. Both at prices that I had not seen in years. Powder and primers seem to be well stocked at my favorite place, Graf and Sons. On those you do of course have to pay the fee. I buy so much at a time that I don't mind. Have to guess the stores are just not ordering in enough for some reason as there seems to be plenty to be had.

They might also be doing inventory, it's an annual thing for any business, is a total PITA, and the less you have to count, the better. And it usually falls right around tax time IIRC.

Those addendums and too many people who work at Bimart stocking up. *cough* @jordanka16 *cough*

Hey I'm the reason the Albany bimart has a lot of powder and primers:D Normal order is 2 bricks but I usually make it 10 for popular ones like spp.

Some powder is hard to get, all Alliant again for some reason, and Retumbo seems to be the new H4350

I should've never stopped buying components:( I checked my stash and it's a joke. Time to make a list.
DO NOT wait till you "need" stuff. This is what caught so many people flat last panic. Stuff does not go bad. So I always say keep laying in until you have enough to last years. Don't have to break the bank even. Just a little extra here and there. Next panic you will sure as hell be glad you did :)

Hey I'm the reason the Albany bimart has a lot of powder and primers:D Normal order is 2 bricks but I usually make it 10 for popular ones like spp.

Some powder is hard to get, all Alliant again for some reason, and Retumbo seems to be the new H4350

Noted visit Albany Bi-Mart next. BTW you guys have CCI .22 Quite? Some have them others don't. My boys love getting on the suppressed bolt .22's and competing against each other with the Quite's.

If the Newberg Bi-Mart is out of CCI 450 and 500 primer bricks, it means I was in that day. ;) . I too was caught off guard last go around. Don't plan to be in that position again. Lead seams the be the next frontier need.

Noted visit Albany Bi-Mart next. BTW you guys have CCI .22 Quite? Some have them others don't. My boys love getting on the suppressed bolt .22's and competing against each other with the Quite's.

If the Newberg Bi-Mart is out of CCI 450 and 500 primer bricks, it means I was in that day. ;) . I too was caught off guard last go around. Don't plan to be in that position again. Lead seams the be the next frontier need.

I think we are all out of it, but I do keep the aguila sniper subsonic in stock:)

DO NOT wait till you "need" stuff. This is what caught so many people flat last panic. Stuff does not go bad. So I always say keep laying in until you have enough to last years. Don't have to break the bank even. Just a little extra here and there. Next panic you will sure as hell be glad you did :)

Yah & keep an eye on online specials/free hazmat shipping as well. They do them frequently enough that you can buy up a small bunch at a time without breaking the bank & save over local brick stores (usually).

Midway/powder valley mostly, but likely others.

Does Sportsmens still keep the powders in the back room and you have to ask an employee to check stock?
Besides being exasperating having to wait for the overworked staff to go check for a powder and then have to look up the price!
Bi-Mart here has always had powders on the shelf, not always the powders I want, but always available!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top