JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
im trying to find a way to store my bulk 22lr ammunition and i cant find a product that i can buy so im looking for empty containers that people would normally throw away (example: empty cci boxes)

i know this is a strange request but if you have any that you don't want, send me a pm.

thanks.

ammo cans aren't as easy to fit in your pocket if you're out walking around. There were several up at the shooting pit yesterday....they were missing the bullet holder but weren't all shot up.

Are you looking to keep them organized like in a CCI box, or just something better than a cardboard box they come in?

I spent $12 and made my own with these 2 parts from Lowes: (the links do work)

<broken link removed> inch pipe plug&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=4 inch pipe plug

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23927-1814-PVC+02116++2000_0_?productId=3133059&Ntt=4 inch pvc cap&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=4 inch pvc cap

You put the 2 pieces together, trust me it is a very tight fit, and you have a container with a screw in/out removable lid that holds almost 1000 rounds of .22lr.

My container is black, as that is what is available at the local Lowes, and I also made a 3 inch version for my Son.

Good luck on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have NO problem.

Are you looking to keep them organized like in a CCI box, or just something better than a cardboard box they come in?

I spent $12 and made my own with these 2 parts from Lowes: (the links do work)

http://www.lowes.com/pd_22661-1814-PVC+00105X+1200_0_?productId=3132657&Ntt=4 inch pipe plug&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=4 inch pipe plug

http://www.lowes.com/pd_23927-1814-PVC+02116++2000_0_?productId=3133059&Ntt=4 inch pvc cap&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=4 inch pvc cap

You put the 2 pieces together, trust me it is a very tight fit, and you have a container with a screw in/out removable lid that holds almost 1000 rounds of .22lr.

My container is black, as that is what is available at the local Lowes, and I also made a 3 inch version for my Son.

Good luck on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not think I have a problem. I'm told that the first step to recovery is to admit your problem..... Screw them. I have NO problem.

Good idea! I am going to lowes tonight to get this setup?

I went to Target in their pharmacy section where they keep the bins of cheap travel size stuff. Found some nice shaving bags with zippers, even had black with gray skulls. They can hold probably 150+ 45 ACP rounds so they are just the right size. I have a bag full of each caliber, and only grab what I am shooting at "the range" that day and toss them in my range bag.

Oh....and they were only $1 each.

View attachment 210717

I actually figured out a way to make and mass-print various boxes for different calibers (3 right now, the ones i have) great for loose ammo, they seem to hold up decently for just scotch-taped together, probably even better with a little rubber cement. even can print custom images with a little work. not commercial-quality designs or anything, but better then plain ol' whitebox. got the idea from the interweb.

kinda in the starter stage, but if there's interest i'll start cookin' em up.

(not a thread-jack, but I am making boxes now for 50rounds of .22lr if you're interested.)

Pics are of 7.62x39 (20 rounds) and 9mm luger (50 rounds)
and my own custom box idea.

These were just for me for my own personal storage, but if there's interest....

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top