JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always say, jobs come and go, and if needed, I could have a new job by Monday, ain't no God Damn Job worth my life, or anyone else's, they do not care about me, and I sure as hell don't care about them! If an employer will not act to protect it's employees, they are not worth working for!

As others have said, carry what you need, and keep yer yapper shut about it! Do not tell any so called "Friends" connected to work, friends turn on you when promotions are up, don't give a reason to come out on the loosing end! God forbid the worst should happen and you need to use it, but better to have it!

Slightly off topic, but kinda not.

I recently noticed that after Cc'ing for a few years I actually consider carrying equivalent to being dressed. Unless I am in my own locked house, I am strapped or within arm's length (benefit of having my own office) of my gun.

I feel naked without it.

I recently noticed that after Cc'ing for a few years I actually consider carrying equivalent to being dressed. Unless I am in my own locked house, I am strapped or within arm's length (benefit of having my own office) of my gun.

I feel naked without it.
I'm the opposite, I find carrying a PITA just another thing to manage and maintain.

I got written up for having a gun in my vehicle (company parking lot private car) 20 years ago... now days I suppose I would be fired.

Is it a good job?

I would say its all about risk management. I've never had to pull a weapon, but I'll have to pay my bills every few weeks for my entire life... however that doesn't hold true for everyone.

I went to Ikea this past weekend in shorts and a tshirt printing a glock so bad it was like Ron Jeremy's junk in a mankini (Im sorry, not sorry for that imagery). But 99.9% of people don't notice but I don't know if its worth risking a good job.

My wife's job requires her to work in one of the crappy parts of Portland, the Hawthorne District. ( ya it's hard to find many areas in town that don't earn that title now ).
Even though she has her carry permit, she is prevented from using it because of her employers strict no weapons policy.
About 10 hours ago, she found herself danger close to a fatal shooting while working.
Since I have always been in occupations that required carry, my response is predictable, to hell with the job, if you don't feel safe, do what you have to, you can always find another job if it comes to that.
While she is shaken by being danger close to tonight's shooting, she hates the idea of giving up several years invested in her job.
If this was your wife, what would you say to her ?
If your employer cares that little about your life, is that person worth working for?
You have to be alive to get a new job.
Everybody is hiring.

I always say, jobs come and go, and if needed, I could have a new job by Monday, ain't no God Damn Job worth my life, or anyone else's, they do not care about me, and I sure as hell don't care about them! If an employer will not act to protect it's employees, they are not worth working for!

As others have said, carry what you need, and keep yer yapper shut about it! Do not tell any so called "Friends" connected to work, friends turn on you when promotions are up, don't give a reason to come out on the loosing end! God forbid the worst should happen and you need to use it, but better to have it!
A-bubbleguming-men brother. Businesses are about making profits and covering their asses. If a BGWG came into that business and shot everyone up, the company would make some scratch on pity sales and then hire a bunch more sheep to get things back up and running. They might send a bouquet of flowers to the funeral, but probably not much more.

I feel naked without it.
I tell my wife it's like carrying a dangerous wallet at this point.

I would take into consideration her actual skill set.
Is the firearm her best tool and practice for self defense?
If so, carry it. But if I had a job that I felt unsafe at I would re-locate.
When I've been asked why I expect to need a gun I have told people that if I expected to need it at a specific place, I wouldn't go there.

Won't have to pay those bills after you're killed, right?

-Robert
What is the statistical chance of being randomly murdered? Assume you're just suburb soccer mom. Now weigh that against a half mil in retirement and 120k a year... I'd say the carring isn't the hill I'd be willing to die on...

Now say I live in a crap part of town working an average paying night job that let's me encounter the finer down town dwellers.. well thats a hill I'd fight on.

Its all a spectrum and people need to make their own call. I respect anyone's choice to carry, or not.

I carry in stores that have a policy against it i don't worry about it. But I'm not gonna try that in a Courthouse.

What is the statistical chance of being randomly murdered? Assume you're just suburb soccer mom. Now weigh that against a half mil in retirement and 120k a year... I'd say the carring isn't the hill I'd be willing to die on...

Now say I live in a crap part of town working an average paying night job that let's me encounter the finer down town dwellers.. well thats a hill I'd fight on.

Its all a spectrum and people need to make their own call. I respect anyone's choice to carry, or not.
Yep! This is the same thing I have been telling those who do not wish to own a gun for decades. Almost every one here will live their entire life and never need a gun. So those who choose to not own one will live life and never regret that choice. Of course a few will sadly but, the vast majority will not. So I never much cared which choice they make. :s0092:

We had to argue with the company that put together our employee handbook to keep the part prohibiting weapons out of it.
They kept saying 'What if an employee brought a weapon to work'... they seemed a bit startled when I informed them that my wife was the only one that didn't have a gun within reach or on them at almost all times, and that we all had our CHL.

We had to argue with the company that put together our employee handbook to keep the part prohibiting weapons out of it.
They kept saying 'What if an employee brought a weapon to work'... they seemed a bit startled when I informed them that my wife was the only one that didn't have a gun within reach or on them at almost all times, and that we all had our CHL.
Not that I support any Co doing so, AT ALL but, its easy to see why they do. Lawyers. When you did that, told the people in charge that employee's were carrying they no longer had any plausible deniability. So if someone who is carrying totally legally does something "stupid", the lawyers would come after the Co. Lawyers always go after the money. Person with the gun is not likely to have much if anything to be sued for. Employer will. So since it was publicly acknowledged to the Co that some employee's were armed, if one of them causes harm, the Co is going to be likely to be on the hook. If the people who write the liability policy for the Co hear of this they will either drop the Co, or make them pay the rate for allowing armed employee's there. Few Co's who say "no guns" really give a crap one way or the other about employee's who own firearms. What they do care about is not being caught having to pay out.
Again I do not like this but, sadly we all have to live in the real world where this is just how it is. :s0092:

I'm the opposite, I find carrying a PITA just another thing to manage and maintain.

I got written up for having a gun in my vehicle (company parking lot private car) 20 years ago... now days I suppose I would be fired.

Is it a good job?

I would say its all about risk management. I've never had to pull a weapon, but I'll have to pay my bills every few weeks for my entire life... however that doesn't hold true for everyone.

I went to Ikea this past weekend in shorts and a tshirt printing a glock so bad it was like Ron Jeremy's junk in a mankini (Im sorry, not sorry for that imagery). But 99.9% of people don't notice but I don't know if its worth risking a good job.
How did they find it in your vehicle? Random searches or what?

How did they find it in your vehicle? Random searches or what?
Bunch of cars got broken into, security called so I went out to check. It was in a mounted holster up under ther dash pretty impossible to find. When I pulled it out the security guard reported me. At the time our building was secure the parking lot was not but it was a "clear violation as the parking lot was company property" blah blah blah....But the good of it was they sent me home paid because security couldn't hold it for me. Gotta love the bureaucracy.

I am wearing a shoulder holster today. Been carrying IWB at 4 O'clock since I started CC'ing.

Today is just a test drive - I still prefer IWB, but for long drives, the shoulder rig is an option. It was a gift..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top