JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My employer has a no-firearm policy on company property for employees, but nothing restricting visitors to bring firearms onto the premisis. Is this legal. If I get fired for carrying concealed at work I can carry concealed when I come collect my final paycheck as an ex-employee.:s0114:

It is private property and he/she can do as they wish in regaurds to firearms for employees as well as visitors. Some busnesses post on the entrance that no firearms are allowed and are completely within their rights. This is similar to schools as my wife cant have one at work being an employee but I can carry into the school anytime.

Biped is just venting. I would too but there is no point in preaching to the choir. Sight! My employer doesn't not even want us with loaded firearms in our vehicles! Now that is quite inconvenient.

I work at a floor company owned by a lady who is real cool with me keeping my pistol in my company truck and rifle (AK or AR) in back window. A good thing to. About 6 weeks back a guy going Vancouver Wa stole $2300 in tools from my truck when she had it. Since police refused to go after guy, after I found his location, me and my wife loaded and went and 16 hrs later all tools recovered.
A link that explains it better. Quite the day, 9 hrs on the job and 6 hrs chasing bad guys. He had a 1 hr head start we think.

I work as security for a retirement center. The former administrator (he died unexpectedly last month) was asked by another security person about carrying on the job. The administrators response was "You have a permit right? Just don't do anything stupid". So far I haven't and I do carry. In fact I usually have two handguns with me, a Kahr CW45 with laser and a Taurus Judge.

Please note: I'm in WA and work in WA. When I worked in downtown Portland I carried too, but left it in the car in the parking garage. Hated that as if the car were broken into I just armed a thief!! Would much rather have it on me, but my employer, Blue Cross, didn't like that.

If you conceal it and no one can tell you are packing........... how is that a problem? so what if it's private property? so what the employee does not want it? Is that sign or employer gonna support my family if some nut comes to my job and kills me? Just because they have the nerve/right to keep you unarmed, I have the nerve/right to say the heck with it and do what I feel is right. If you are responsible and a good person and you are not doing something that could cause problems, I say go for it and keep your mouth shut. When you are in a life or death situation.... do you really think your job matters? I could care less about my job when my life is in danger. Having said that....... keep in mind that if you end up doing something stupid you are gonna get it and get it hard so don't ask don't tell and you should be fine.
There are good laws and bad laws so keep that in mind.... just because it's a law and if it's a bad law I don't have to fallow it. When seconds matter and my life is in danger, I am suppose to just stand there and call for a cop to come help me in minutes? F that. Also I have to say this, just because you pack.... it does not mean you gonna win the battle but you sure as heck have a chance.

As long as you are okay with being fired over it, and aren't going to raise a stink when it happens (you knew about the policy, after all,) do whatever you're going to do.

But please note that by disobeying and getting caught, you make another example for the anti-gun crowd of how we're all "crazy gun nuts who insist on carrying everywhere."

As I've said in another thread, the question isn't "do you value your job over your life," it's "do you value your job over the infinitesimal risk of having a gun be the difference between life and death at work"?

Unless you work at a job that REGULARLY sees you threatened with physical boldly harm by others - that having a gun would allow you to legally diffuse - you need to decide if it's actually worth it. Because unless you are under such risk, it's really "do I value my job more or do I value making a statement about the second amendment more".

Also note that in some states, disobeying the "no guns at work" order is immediate, no-warning "trespassing", and in some states, merely carrying a gun while committing any crime turns it into crime that gets your concealed carry permit withdrawn. Oregon law is murky on wether merely having a "no guns" policy is sufficient for "instant trespass", but it is clear that having a gun with you turns what might have been as low as a Class C Misdemeanor into a Class A Misdemeanor. (ORS 164.265.)

As long as you are okay with being fired over it, and aren't going to raise a stink when it happens (you knew about the policy, after all,) do whatever you're going to do.

But please note that by disobeying and getting caught, you make another example for the anti-gun crowd of how we're all "crazy gun nuts who insist on carrying everywhere."

As I've said in another thread, the question isn't "do you value your job over your life," it's "do you value your job over the infinitesimal risk of having a gun be the difference between life and death at work"?

Unless you work at a job that REGULARLY sees you threatened with physical boldly harm by others - that having a gun would allow you to legally diffuse - you need to decide if it's actually worth it. Because unless you are under such risk, it's really "do I value my job more or do I value making a statement about the second amendment more".

Also note that in some states, disobeying the "no guns at work" order is immediate, no-warning "trespassing", and in some states, merely carrying a gun while committing any crime turns it into crime that gets your concealed carry permit withdrawn. Oregon law is murky on wether merely having a "no guns" policy is sufficient for "instant trespass", but it is clear that having a gun with you turns what might have been as low as a Class C Misdemeanor into a Class A Misdemeanor. (ORS 164.265.)

All this that you said can be summed up with 'Why carry at all?' really.

And there are plenty of threads on here about that. You will never know when you will need it.
And as for bodily harm at work,how about just after you have locked the gun in the trunk/GB wherever,and the time until you return to your car after work?
So even if you have armed security at your job,doesn't mean they will walk you to your car at the end of shift does it?

As I've said before, my life is more important than somebodys policy. This being even more true if someone I don't know (customer) comes to my work WITH a gun.

I am usually a "by the rules" guy. I've always kept one in my car but if my employer said no, then no it was. However I broke that rule daily at my last job. Why, our primary labor pool (telemarketing department) were on WORK RELEASE. We had drug addicts, dealers, gangsters, etc. And these people were still in jail, they just were "good" while in jail. In fact about 85% of them were arrested again after they got out.
So in my opinion I was surrounded by felons that constantly broke the rules while on work release and I felt threatened, so my recourse was to stay armed ALWAYS. I carried my Glock 22 in a shoulder holster under my sports coat and LCP .380 in my pocket.

So I think if you are in a work environment that puts you at considerable risk of harm, then break the rules. If not why rock the boat just to make a point.

I use to tell me employees the same thing. But I knew some carried anyway. I didn't care I just had to show that I had a policy so my insurance would not drop us. But I actually would rather that they did.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top