Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

EMP question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by redmistnmysight, Aug 10, 2010.

1. redmistnmysight

redmistnmysight ..... Member

I have found a used 9mm emp with night sight and 3 mags. Its in store, price is around 980$ prior to fees. I asked the guy to hold it for a day. I dont know a round count and it appears to be in general good condition. I have been looking for this pistol but I have to ask, is this a reasonable price for a used emp? Is it smart to buy a pistol like this in used condition? Break in issues? abuse? I see them on gunbroker for 1100 to 1200 brand new. I guess what Im asking is, would you buy it? Seems it might be better to drop another 150-200 and get a new pistol....... Opinions? Advice? Areas of interest to inspect? Thanks to any owners that can give me there opinions.

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Just speaking for myself, but for $950 it better look LNIB. Not sure what you mean by "general good condition".

3. AndyH

AndyH Keizer, Oregon Well-Known Member

I purchased one new for $980, so $980 for a used one seem a little high to me

4. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

You can find them new for right at that price point, but as you see on here they do still pull a premium even used.

5. redmistnmysight

Thanks very much guys, just the info i was looking for. THANK YOU Northwestfirearms and memebers.

6. YFZsandrider

YFZsandrider Tacoma, Wa Member

To me, the biggest advantage of buying used, is avoiding sales tax and any other fees attached to a new gun.

If you"re going to shell out that much on a used one... I'd pay ever so slightly more, and have the piece of mind that comes with being the only one to have fired it!

just my .02

7. terrylf72

terrylf72 Portland, Oregon, United States Member

For that price.. I would buy a new FNP-45 Tactical.. Kieths $979.00 with 3 15 rnd mags, threaded barrel, raised night sights.. Just looked at one today and fell in love..

8. redmistnmysight

pretty valuable pennies there, I agree. Ill leave the pistol. Not looking for a tactical but thanks for the heads up. Red out.

9. cyclesarge

cyclesarge Eugene OR, DUH! We're ALL in the NORTHWEST Well-Known Member

Not really even the same ballpark for intended use or purpose as an EMP, though those are pretty nice.;)