JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thank the Lord. So sick of "emotional support animals" (read: snowflake's pets) being treated as service animals. :rolleyes:

The airlines treat emotional animals the same as service animals though. I don't think you'll see any changes. All you do is pay $180 bucks online and you have yourself an emotional support animal.
Screenshot_20201203-202512_Chrome.jpg

The airlines treat emotional animals the same as service animals though. I don't think you'll see any changes. All you do is pay $180 bucks online and you have yourself an emotional support animal.

You may have missed the part about that being a DOT rule that has yet to taken effect (30 days after being published) so screenshot of current Delta page is probably not on point.

Now, where do I get training papers for my pet tiger...I'm so taking it to Vegas next time!

Uh oh... I might have wasted $180., unless I can get my air travel plans booked real soon...
.... how else can I get my "emotional support Water Buffalo" to Phoenix ?

It's about damn time! While back Wife flew with one of our Kids dogs to take the dog back. We had been sitting it for a while while she was moving. She jumped through all the hoops and paid to fly with the dog. Yet some Attendant having a bad day gave her a ration of crap. Wife got home over the top mad. Said if she had known she would have just flown with the dog free by saying it was a support animal. At least this should help the people sick of the people bringing their dogs with them will have a better day now :D

All the sarcasm aside. After reading the ruling, it doesn't change anything for those who have documented need for emotional support animals. It just codifies the rules. My wife flies with our dog as an emotional support animal and we carry medical documentation when we fly (updated every 6 months by her psychiatrist), as well as filling out all appropriate forms ~10-14 days before travel (depending on airline).

The little pooch is also specifically trained for travel and people don't even realize we have an animal with us when we are in the cabin.

What I've learned from the experience is that for every inappropriate ESA on an airplane, there are more that are appropriate -- which should not be noticeable to other passengers. Just like firearms in the media, the media always focus on a few bad apples and crazy stories that give the wrong impression.

People seem to be missing the point here. Airlines were always in power to refuse having you board. It's a private contract of carriage. If they don't like your dog, all they have to say is that the crew feels the dog/aimal poses a possible risk to the safety of the crew and aircraft and they have the full backing of the FAA to drag your butt of the plane. They don't do it often to avoid bad press, but they also have their limits and booted people with emotional support snakes and crap...

Now the airline will be permitted by the government to require proof that the dog is a service animal and that it received such training. Notice that types of approved training are not mentioned. So if they say you need training from the Swiss Alpine School for Emotional Service dogs, then you need that and guess what, the airline will just point you to the rule and say "look, we don't make the rules."

This is merely a law that takes heat off the airlines because now when some pansy whines on CNN that his/her emotional support pooch was not allowed to fly, the airline will just say " Following Federal Guidelines....." and done...

All the sarcasm aside. After reading the ruling, it doesn't change anything for those who have documented need for emotional support animals. It just codifies the rules. My wife flies with our dog as an emotional support animal and we carry medical documentation when we fly (updated every 6 months by her psychiatrist), as well as filling out all appropriate forms ~10-14 days before travel (depending on airline).

The little pooch is also specifically trained for travel and people don't even realize we have an animal with us when we are in the cabin.

What I've learned from the experience is that for every inappropriate ESA on an airplane, there are more that are appropriate -- which should not be noticeable to other passengers. Just like firearms in the media, the media always focus on a few bad apples and crazy stories that give the wrong impression.

My emotional support Newfoundlands cannot fly with me, they are too damn big according to the airlines, which is funny as hell when you consider some of the human passengers they have to provide special care for!

Unless I'm flying out of country, I don't fly commercial, I fly my own damn self in my own damn plane, and if I want to bring one of my damn dogs, not even the mighty FAA can say a damn thing about it! Two of my dogs do fly with me, and they absolutely love it! The other two don't know about flying yet, but they soon will! Lol!

This is my service/emotional support object. Can I take it with me on the plane?
And if I can't, then can I whine like a phuq'n snowflake if they make me check it?

SIG Sauer P320 with light.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads