JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What Should I Take To CA Tonight?

• M1 Garand

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Pump Shotgun

Votes: 26 92.9%

• Total voters
The shotty is more versatile. I would alternate slug/00buck in the feed tube. Or maybe 00buck/slug because you know, variety.

Get off my lawn!

8332FC2E-8A19-40E9-AA5C-59F3A4944712.jpeg

I voted shotgun. Note that it's legal to bring in a pistol as long as you keep it locked during transport and use a 10 round magazine. Or if you don't have a 10 rounder, you might want to pick a couple up if you think there may be a return trip in your future.

Hope everything works out ok. Be safe!

Shotgun.

If you're going to/through Napa, it should be interesting. Family living there called me this evening to say the power will be shut off for five days, due to high winds creating a fire hazard.

I hope your trip goes as planned, with no troubles.

Hey Folks,

I have a family emergency in CA and will be leaving tonight to head south. I'll be gone through the weekend. If I'm ever more than an hour from home I like to have a long gun in my truck. I have two options that don't break CA law:

M1 Garand in 308
Pump Shotgun in 20 Gauge

I'm leaning towards the shotgun (simply because it's already in the truck). But really do love the Garand.

Of those two options what would you take?

Any way you can hire someone to go for you? I promised years ago I would never set foot in that state again. Make sure you don't spend any money there! But gas at the border and snacks! o_O

A tactical nuke. They've already gone nuclear, why not join in on the fun!

All seriousness, hope all is well with your family.

Interesting thought here. CA has laws prohibiting importing ammunition. Without it being delivered to an ffl for your background check.
Does bringing your own ammo violate those laws?

No power in the Bay Area, so plan accordingly! Can't buy gas, no stop lights, no street lights, no hot water, no hot food, cant pay with a card or pay cash!

PG&E is giving those finger pointing, climate change conspiring, forest fire blame throwers the finger! Enjoy your zero carbon footprint now, pu55ies!:s0113::s0066:

Oh, and I am sorry OP, if this causes your visit problems.

Shotgun and a good first aid kit. It is grouse season all throughout the PNW. Be safe and know an alternate route to any destinations you may need to get to.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top