JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, a Biden judge would be better?

Have we forgotten thanksgiving already? We might consider being thankful that a constitutional defense organization has started the ball rolling.

They're getting my money, and I'm not an Oregonian. Infringement anywhere is infringement everywhere.
Better send a few bucks to our northern neighbors. Führer Trudeau and the great white parliament are planning to take all semis.

Aside from donating to SAF, I plan to write to my US senators, asking them if they will resign if crime continues to increase.

Amen! Decisive action. If I were an Oregonian, my donations would be going to OFF.
Maybe you'd consider donating even though you're not from Oregon. Not trying to be bombastic, but this fight is everyone's fight. If they get away with it here, they'll eventually take their madness to wherever you live. We need to fight together to stay strong.

It will be interesting to see if the State puts up a big fight against this or just lets the judge slap a temporary injunction on it. It would give them a good opportunity to figure out how they are going to implement this BS , while blaming the judge for going against the will of the slim majority.

Are they accepting letters/testimony from other FFLs on how this will effect their business if transfers are halted on Dec 8th?

It will be interesting to see if the State puts up a big fight against this or just lets the judge slap a temporary injunction on it. It would give them a good opportunity to figure out how they are going to implement this BS , while blaming the judge for going against the will of the slim majority.

Are they accepting letters/testimony from other FFLs on how this will effect their business if transfers are halted on Dec 8th?
This seems like a good idea to contact OFF for testimony letters that may be of help.

Maybe you can follow up with OFF and if OFF needs letters lots of people could be notified here and send asap to OFF?
I will let the experts handle it, I think the testimony should probably come from FFLs who's immediate business is most at risk. I have personally saw what a mess these FFLs are dealing with. If OSP halts background checks on Dec 8th the FFLs are going to be stuck with an unbelievable mess and have to reckon with a lot of unhappy customers who want their firearms.

For this hearing, I believe the plaintiffs, through their attorneys, are the ones to give testimony. Not a lawyer, but believe testimony by other injured parties is something that is actually done at a trial and the complaints/testimony would be a part of discovery.

I'm not seeing the state telling everyone that they need to stop buying/selling firearms because the certification process isn't up and running.
....more and more, I'm believing that is exactly what the plan was. They can 'plan' all they want, but without the funding and personnel, it's going nowhere.

....more and more, I'm believing that is exactly what the plan was. They can 'plan' all they want, but without the funding and personnel, it's going nowhere.
I'm not so sure there really is a plan at all. AFIK, it's not up to OSP to make a call either way. The executive department through the SoS made the call that the law goes into effect Dec 8th. I though the legislative branch needs to make the rules, but if they don't, I don't see how OSP can allow any change in possession without a permit since it's allready been deemed going into effect by SoS.

Several have made the comment that OSP has told some FFL's that they can transfer after 8 Dec, if the BGC was submitted before the 8th, but I don't know how for sure if that's true, or even if OSP has the authority to make that call. I suppose they can follow some sheriffs and say they're not going to enforce the law, but don't see that happening unless they get the go ahead from the governor.

It's a cluster, that's for sure. The more I think about it, the more my head hurts. Time for an adult beverage and just fagetaboutit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top