JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For an ultralight, compact stove, that has it's own heat efficient (AND STABLE) windscreen and will burn most liquids, nesbit tablets, or wood for cooking in a relatively large pot?

The trail Designs Ti-Tri Caldera system. You even get to choose your size. (I own two of the 900.)

Ti-Tri Caldera.

There are a bunch of "in-action" videos on you tube from real users as well.

Received the StoveTec (single door) stove today. It isn't something you would pack around if you are traveling light (but I knew that). It would be for home use, or for a base camp. It is a solid piece of equipment that should easily handle a heavy pot or skillet. Looks good and is well insulated (really well insulated). Looks to me like it will be quite fuel efficient and should put out a LOT of heat (single door stove has a larger combustion area than the two door has).

A suggestion on the Ammo can stove. If you line it with a couple thin sheets of sht metal it will take up virtually no room but will allow the stove to last MUCH longer. ACE hardware carrys small pieces of thin sheet steel which would work great. You could also use a piece to close off the feeding hole while in transit.

The Stove pipe on the ammo can stove shown in the above link is way bigger then it could possibly need taking up valuable cooking surface. A 2" piece of metal rain gutter pipe would be just fine for that small of firebox. The hinged door is a nice addition but could be done easier with a rotating door on a single pivot with a tab to hold it against the box when closed. And again you would really want to double wall these with some sheet metal or your only going to get a couple months out of them before they rust out and burn through.

Having done the mountain man rendevous thing for almost 15 years I saw all mannor of home made tent stoves and little wood burning cook stoves. I even built a couple.

A 1 gallon paint can is much stronger than a #10 food can due to the lip at the top. Those cans can be bought cheap new at a paint store, or clean out a used one. Get an old fashioned can opener (for old pop cans) and make a bunch of triangular holes around the bottom. Make a few around the top. Now you have a stove. It may be far from the best listed here, but it's just one variation on the hobo stove. It may even have a wire bail on it to help strap it to a pack.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top