JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have nothing to do with Riches aside from being a customer of theirs, nice gunshop.

Dear Rich's Gun Shop customers and friends,

Thank you so very much for being patient with us as we clean and prepare to be of service to you.

We will be opening our doors tomorrow Saturday 3/28/2020 at 9am. There are a few changes that we want to let you know about.

First of all for everyone's health and safety, we will be practicing social distancing standards. This means we have markings for you to abide by. There will be staff to assist you with your needs, both outside the shop as well as inside. We take your health and safety as well as ours very seriously, so when you come visit us, please help us abide by the regulations set by forth the CDC.

We are asking that if at all possible children and pets not come into the shop. We are limiting the number of customers in the shop to 2. Please know what you are looking for and we will build an order for you to minimize your wait times as much as possible. If you are picking up a gun or special order, let our staff know so that we can have it prepped and ready to go for you. We do have 9mm back in stock, we are limiting sales to 5 boxes per customer.

We have cancelled all classes both CHL and one on one training. The Indoor Shooting Range and Wild West Shootin' Gallery are not open at this time, however, we will keep you updated as to it's reopening.

We will try to be timely on answering phones, but if we miss you, please leave a message and we WILL call you back as soon as we can.

Please be patient, kind to your fellow line mates, and you may even have a favorite tune in mind that we can sing and share with the group.

We greatly appreciate you!!!!

Sincerely,

Rich's Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't set a foot in that shop even if they included free TP with each purchase. Price gouging at it's finest. And that was even before Covid-19.

I wouldn't set a foot in that shop even if they included free TP with each purchase. Price gouging at it's finest. And that was even before Covid-19.

Never been my experience with them. Hard to price gouge when the market is healthy and one can just buy elsewhere. I would rather pay a little extra and support a small business than go use a coupon at Cabelas for few more dollars off. Plus the # of commercial gunsmiths with a retail storefront is dying off faster than they are opening. It's nice to see a true full-service gun shop right down to the indoor range. They get my $.

I'd say, if you're going to accuse someone of gouging, be specific, please.
I've been there and what prices I saw were well in line with Keith's. When I had a action rebarreled, their service fees were very close to other shops too.

Never been my experience with them. Hard to price gouge when the market is healthy and one can just buy elsewhere. I would rather pay a little extra and support a small business than go use a coupon at Cabelas for few more dollars off. Plus the # of commercial gunsmiths with a retail storefront is dying off faster than they are opening. It's nice to see a true full-service gun shop right down to the indoor range. They get my $.
I wouldn't buy from Cabelas either.... Only plus to big box stores is military discount. But when you have friends with RSR access, all shops are a bit over priced. Some more than others. I personally had a very bad experience at Rich's. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry but they lost a customer. If you want a shop with a guy who has great prices and customer service check out sunset firearms in Wilsonville or Oregon Rifleworks in Tigard.

I wouldn't buy from Cabelas either.... Only plus to big box stores is military discount. But when you have friends with RSR access, all shops are a bit over priced. Some more than others. I personally had a very bad experience at Rich's. I'm not going to air my dirty laundry but they lost a customer. If you want a shop with a guy who has great prices and customer service check out sunset firearms in Wilsonville or Oregon Rifleworks in Tigard.

I own my own business and as much as I want to make every customer happy I know it's impossible to. Its just not always going to be a match. SO in this case, I can't say a word about Sunset Firearms as I have never bought anything from them. BUT Oregon Rifleworks, well my last two guns (G40 and CZ Bren 805) came from there, so ya I am with ya there I like them too.

I've never been to Rich's. Is that the place with a shooting gallery?

Yes its a hell of a lot of fun. Closed right now due to the whole epidemic but when it opens back up its crazy fun. Especially when its raining outside.

I am looking for SilencerCo hybrid 46
Can you get that started in this environment?
I can come down tomorrow

But more important "DID you find that .22 LR" you were looking for today? OK yes they are also a SilencerShop dealer so they have SOT goodies there. (Suppressors yes. In fact they are one of the ONLY dealers I know of that have an inhouse shooting range and you can test samples out there.)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top