JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got the latest email from CDNN on their deals and got sticker shock...

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 3.09.47 AM.png

I bought a Ruger AR-556 exactly like the one pictured a couple of years ago for $500. I remember looking at the Ruger PC Carbines a few months ago for $499.

Screenshot 2020-07-29 at 3.12.23 AM.png

And I was seriously tempted by the Walther Creed in one of their ads a few months ago when they were $269.

This is getting a bit crazy! :s0001:

However, I did bite on their USGI aluminum bodied 30-rd AR mags at $9.99 each. I have plenty of Magpul mags, but needed some more USGI mags to install Chamber Tactical big-bore followers in for my .450 Bushmaster, so I ordered some of those. I'm surprised mags are still cheap and plentiful. Stocking up on some more of those as I can afford them.

Well, that's free enterprise! Capitalism at it's finest! Free Market! Every time we go through this I wonder if these companies, raking in the extra $$, will stand up and support the public when the dems try and shove restrictive gun laws down our throats? Unlike the way gun shops in Or and Wa sat on their thumbs when universal background checks were enacted? And then, afterward, have the nads to charge $50.00 for a person to person transfer?

Why so surprised? Happens with almost all retailers during times like this. Let them choke on them until the "panic" subsides. Then let them continue to choke on their overstock. :s0118:

I am guessing some of that is an increase in supplier prices.

Remember that those previously low prices were due to low demand and some gun retailers were close to closing shop.
Exactly. The margin on guns is already razor thin. There are also distributors who get their but, increased cost of manufacturing, less production due to shutdowns, increased shipping cost due to delays,ect.

Anyone who didn't buy what they needed when they were cheap and plentifully should be blaming nobody but themselves. I sure know there are some products I wish I woulda stacked a bit deeper but I'll just pay a little more and go on with life.

Yep. I seem to recall much worse sticker shock after the 2012 school shooting. Supplies not only dwindled, but were gone. Guns, ammo, loading supplies, everything. Prices, if you could find them, way, way higher. Private sales of things like 10/22's were ridiculous.

I vowed then to never find myself in that position again. Made good on that promise to myself :)

I remember exactly how it felt when I couldn't get what I wanted or needed. Really don't want to feel that again.

Last Edited:
Back in June my LGS was transferring out S&W Sport IIs at 599.95 that people had ordered over the net.
In July they were 699.95,, and now their 799.95, that's like a 30% increase in two months. Kinda like ammo too.

Panic pricing is why I gravitate to obscure stuff every now and then. Yeah, your AR doubled in price? My steyr m95 was still dirt cheap. And my .30-06 FN made Columbian Mauser was only $500. :rolleyes:

Compared to my LMT... those are some damn cheap rifles!:eek::s0112: Pretty soon the SCAR will be considered "competitively priced". Lets pray it never gets to the point where a knights sr25 is "reasonable".

Exactly. The margin on guns is already razor thin. There are also distributors who get their but, increased cost of manufacturing, less production due to shutdowns, increased shipping cost due to delays,ect.

Anyone who didn't buy what they needed when they were cheap and plentifully should be blaming nobody but themselves. I sure know there are some products I wish I woulda stacked a bit deeper but I'll just pay a little more and go on with life.

Image result for just the facts ma'am meme

I bought M&P Sport II from NW Armory for $499 too & I think it's actually us who were getting a really good deal. On another messageboard, there was a guy who didn't believe me that we could actually get entry model AR-15 in Portland area for around $500(I think he was from Southwestern U.S.). Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Ruger or M&P AR-15s are worth $849. I feel like it was a steal at $500.

Yep. I seem to recall much worse sticker shock after the 2012 school shooting. Supplies not only dwindled, but were gone. Guns, ammo, loading supplies, everything. Prices, if you could find them, way, way higher. Private sales of things like 10/22's were ridiculous.

I vowed then to never find myself in that position again. Made good on that promise to myself :)

I remember exactly how it felt when I couldn't get what I wanted or needed. Really don't want to feel that again.

Me, too. When prices dropped I bought enough for me and mine. Since then, only bought on things that were still good deals in pre-panic days.

Was just recently able to cobble a decent AR pistol together for about $550 total starting with a great deal on the upper in this very forum. If you are patient and keep your eyes open good deals are still out there.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top