JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ARS%20Email%20Image%20131230%20PAC%20Wrapper.png

In just a few hours, seventeen Republican candidates will gather in Cleveland, Ohio for the party's first presidential debate of the 2016 election. 

We hope the moderators will ask a question about a national CBS poll released just yesterday that found an overwhelming 81% of Republicans support closing the loopholes that let dangerous people like felons and domestic abusers buy a gun without a background check. 

If you add your voice right now, we think there's a chance we'll see the question later tonight: 

Call on the moderators of tonight's Republican presidential debate to ask whether or not the candidates agree with a majority of their party's voters that Congress should close the loopholes that let people buy a gun without a background check. 

We know how campaigns work -- especially primaries: candidates on both sides of the aisle are often forced to cater to a base that isn't entirely representative of the population. We get it. But this is a simple, straight forward question about an issue that enjoys extraordinary bipartisan support: 

Do you support closing the loopholes that let felons and domestic abusers buy guns without a background check? 

Add your name to ours if you hope we hear the question asked later tonight:

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/gop-debate

As gun owners, we founded Americans for Responsible Solutions because we believe it's possible to bring gun owners and non-gun owners, Republicans and Democrats, together to pass commonsense solutions that will make our communities safer. 

We've made tremendous progress so far. It will mean a lot if the Republicans on stage tonight are willing to show some leadership on this issue. 

All our best, 

Gabby Giffords and Mark Kelly
Americans for Responsible Solutions 

Contribute_red.png

Was she stupid before she was shot? I know Mark Kelly was born stupid and somewhere along the line he developed the power to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.

Was she stupid before she was shot? I know Mark Kelly was born stupid and somewhere along the line he developed the power to suck a golf ball through a garden hose.
I dont blame her. She got shot in the head and has cognitive issues, brain damage and trauma. I blame the people who are manipulating her and exploiting her misfortune in order to advance their own agenda.

I'm still waiting to meet this elusive 81% majority of republicans that support this. You'd think I'd run into them everywhere. I have yet to meet a single one. So far, 100% of republicans I've talked to about this issue have not supported it.

They rely on the stupidity of the average voter to not be aware of how easily poll results are skewed. Simply how they ask the question is very carefully crafted. If I asked you "Do you support the daily murder of children, by allowing private gun sales to continue?" And I let you answer only yes or no, you don't have much of a choice but to answer yes, if only not to look like someone who supports killing children.

It's time to stop using polls for crap like this. They are highly unreliable and vet, very easily manipulated to support one particular position.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top