JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snippets for those that don't want to click:

"I strongly believe that the right to bear arms is an important safeguard against potential tyranny of government. Historically, maintaining their power over the people is why those in power did not allow public ownership of guns," Musk told CNBC on May 25.

The billionaire then told the outlet that he supports "tight background checks" for all gun sales and limiting sales of assault weapons to people in special circumstances, like gun range owners, or people who live in a "high risk location, like gang warfare."

A few hours later, Musk reiterated his position with a very clear tweet:

"Assault rifles should at minimum require a special permit, where the recipient is extremely well vetted imo," he said on Twitter, responding to a question from a user.

"Regarding recent events, the shooters are obviously doing this to generate the most amount of attention possible. Why is the media doing exactly what the mass murderers want?" Musk asked.
The guy spent most of his American voting life supporting the political party that continually tries to ban guns - I don't expect him to value liberty as strongly as I do since I was never stupid enough to do that throughout my whole voting experience.

He's not all bad, but he's bot all good either, hopefully he wisens up.

The guy spent most of his American voting life supporting the political party that continually tries to ban guns - I don't expect him to value liberty as strongly as I do since I was never stupid enough to do that throughout my whole voting experience.

He's not all bad, but he's bot all good either, hopefully he wisens up.
Are any of us "all good", afterall?

Isn't Elon the guy who, while apparently thinking with the wrong head, dated Amber Heard and then donated $500,000.00 to charity 'In Her Honor'…..seems the base instank runs deep no matter how much $$ one has.

This is good news if Musk supports 2A there will probably be guns on Mars !
1653659145173.png

The problem with Musk's statement is that it is going to further embolden emotional "2A-Supporters" like this guy; who are now going to pull a 180 because sensationalism and social media attention feels better than the Constitution…

Lets first acknowledge that we got a new Billizillinare on our side ( something we haven't ever had before now) and despite his ignorance of the subject, lets also acknowledge that Elon is no dummy and with proper and respectful discussions, can be brought out of the swamp of ignorance! We have a new and very powerful ally here, someone with a voice as big as his portfolio, and don't forget where he comes from, his own country is fighting for it's very existence, with firearms, something he knows full well!

Don't disparage the man, welcome him and gently guide him down the path to righteousness!
QFT

Joe

Lets first acknowledge that we got a new Billizillinare on our side ( something we haven't ever had before now) and despite his ignorance of the subject, lets also acknowledge that Elon is no dummy and with proper and respectful discussions, can be brought out of the swamp of ignorance! We have a new and very powerful ally here, someone with a voice as big as his portfolio, and don't forget where he comes from, his own country is fighting for it's very existence, with firearms, something he knows full well!

Don't disparage the man, welcome him and gently guide him down the path to righteousness!
QFT again just 'cuz gun people are the absolute worst feckers for "eating their own".

Joe

I think it's good overall. The guy has a lot of followers. The ADD headline readers will take Musk's comments as support for 2A and not do any follow up. Especially if they become triggered.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top