JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Snippets for those that don't want to click:

"I strongly believe that the right to bear arms is an important safeguard against potential tyranny of government. Historically, maintaining their power over the people is why those in power did not allow public ownership of guns," Musk told CNBC on May 25.

The billionaire then told the outlet that he supports "tight background checks" for all gun sales and limiting sales of assault weapons to people in special circumstances, like gun range owners, or people who live in a "high risk location, like gang warfare."

A few hours later, Musk reiterated his position with a very clear tweet:

"Assault rifles should at minimum require a special permit, where the recipient is extremely well vetted imo," he said on Twitter, responding to a question from a user.

"Regarding recent events, the shooters are obviously doing this to generate the most amount of attention possible. Why is the media doing exactly what the mass murderers want?" Musk asked.

I liked:

"He gradually slipped into the role of opponent of Biden by declaring that the Democratic president was almost nothing without the teleprompter.

Since then, Musk has also announced that he will vote Republican after having voted Democrat in the past."

"Assault rifles should at minimum require a special permit, where the recipient is extremely well vetted imo," he said on Twitter, responding to a question from a user.
All legal Assault rifles are already registered per the NFA...

Snippets for those that don't want to click:

"I strongly believe that the right to bear arms is an important safeguard against potential tyranny of government. Historically, maintaining their power over the people is why those in power did not allow public ownership of guns," Musk told CNBC on May 25.

The billionaire then told the outlet that he supports "tight background checks" for all gun sales and limiting sales of assault weapons to people in special circumstances, like gun range owners, or people who live in a "high risk location, like gang warfare."

So Elon is talking about full auto selector switch equipped assault rifles, which is what assault rifles are then? So what's the problem? I'm sure that Elon knows the difference between a civilian version Ar-15 and an M-16. I'm reading between his lines.

Lets first acknowledge that we got a new Billizillinare on our side ( something we haven't ever had before now) and despite his ignorance of the subject, lets also acknowledge that Elon is no dummy and with proper and respectful discussions, can be brought out of the swamp of ignorance! We have a new and very powerful ally here, someone with a voice as big as his portfolio, and don't forget where he comes from, his own country is fighting for it's very existence, with firearms, something he knows full well!

Don't disparage the man, welcome him and gently guide him down the path to righteousness!

Lets first acknowledge that we got a new Billizillinare on our side ( something we haven't ever had before now) and despite his ignorance of the subject, lets also acknowledge that Elon is no dummy and with proper and respectful discussions, can be brought out of the swamp of ignorance! We have a new and very powerful ally here, someone with a voice as big as his portfolio, and don't forget where he comes from, his own country is fighting for it's very existence, with firearms, something he knows full well!

Don't disparage the man, welcome him and gently guide him down the path to righteousness!
He does seem to be getting a little education in how the people he has supported for so long really think. The second he stepped over the party line look how they attacked him. Maybe this will help him see how those without his money have to live?

So, in other words, if you lived in Chicago you could own one, but if you moved to Sun Valley, Idaho, you'd have to surrender it?

Dear Mr. Musk

I would ask that you consider just what the Second Amendment says :
( In part )
"...the right of the people to keep and bear Arms , shall not be infringed."

What is important here is what the Second Amendment does not say :
"...the rifle of the people to keep and bear arms , but only arms of certain types and for certain purposes , shall not be infringed."

Wording is important...and to me at least the wording here is clear.
There is no limit on just what type of "Arms" one can own.
Andy

And why do I care how ignorant some rich dude is about constitutional rights?
Because some rich dude might just be the guy to fund or otherwise support the 2nd and any candidates he believes might be of like mind, don't forget, politicians can be bought easy enough! Said rich dude might also finance a campaign to fight existing infringements, and best of all, counter that cuck sucker Mike Bloomingturd and his everyone mob of Karen's and soy boi ken cucks!

Don't look a potential gift horse in the mouth and expect perfection or start making demands, said gift horse can canter off just as quickly as he arrived!

Because some rich dude might just be the guy to fund or otherwise support the 2nd and any candidates he believes might be of like mind, don't forget, politicians can be bought easy enough! Said rich dude might also finance a campaign to fight existing infringements, and best of all, counter that cuck sucker Mike Bloomingturd and his everyone mob of Karen's and soy boi ken cucks!

Don't look a potential gift horse in the mouth and expect perfection or start making demands, said gift horse can canter off just as quickly as he arrived!
Yep! We need all the damn help we can get. If we can get some multi billionaire on our side even a little I will take that as a win.

I'm not sure Elon Musk is on any side. I get the impression he just calls it as he sees it, using the three R's as his guide: Rationality, Reasonableness, Responsibility. And frankly, I kind of like his independent thinking (despite that his "assault rifle" tweet was clearly naive).

I saw an article a few weeks back that was introduced with the by-line "Worlds richest man, the only one to land a reusable rocket on a moving barge, is told by twitter experts he doesn't know how math works" or some such.
I like his insightful style and unpredictable response to obstacles, whether financial or political.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top