JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy is all over the map on any given issue, showing little consistency, and is often hypocritical between what he says and what he does, especially in his businesses.
It's a fine line between Genius and Madness, I wonder where he sits on that scale!

Don't forget, the man was shunned by the entire auto industry, made fun of, and basically told he would never succeed, and they kept laughing at him for several years after!

They aint laughing now! They had better respect him, and they had better fear him!

It's a fine line between Genius and Madness, I wonder where he sits on that scale!

Don't forget, the man was shunned by the entire auto industry, made fun of, and basically told he would never succeed, and they kept laughing at him for several years after!

They aint laughing now! They had better respect him, and they had better fear him!
The rocket industry, especially the Russians, shunned him too (a Russian engineer spit on him) which is how he got into building his own rockets.

I don't doubt he is very very smart, but like I said, if you look at his statements on issues, he is all over the place, impetuous and inconsistent. Then look at what he does in business and you see the hypocrisy - although I am not sure he notices.

I am not trying to criticize him, just trying to say that I doubt he can be counted on as an ally based on a consistent philosophy.

Like I said, he is one of those "I support the Second Amendment, but..." people - which can be the worst kind of "ally" and are not to be trusted in the sense of expecting them to not sell you out.

Disclaimer: I am really glad he started Starlink - I get my dishy tomorrow (hopefully). My WISP service has become almost useless.

The rocket industry, especially the Russians, shunned him too (a Russian engineer spit on him) which is how he got into building his own rockets.

I don't doubt he is very very smart, but like I said, if you look at his statements on issues, he is all over the place, impetuous and inconsistent. Then look at what he does in business and you see the hypocrisy - although I am not sure he notices.

I am not trying to criticize him, just trying to say that I doubt he can be counted on as an ally based on a consistent philosophy.

Like I said, he is one of those "I support the Second Amendment, but..." people - which can be the worst kind of "ally" and are not to be trusted in the sense of expecting them to not sell you out.

Disclaimer: I am really glad he started Starlink - I get my dishy tomorrow (hopefully). My WISP service has become almost useless.
Agreed, I guess it comes down to how hard he becomes toward something, if he decided to go "All In" on Gun Rights, he would become a very powerful force to be reckoned with! IF he does the wishy-washy thing, well, that's nothing but feel good that might bite him later! With his Twitter deal, he becomes a very powerful arbiter of truth ( Or Lies) and that puts him in a very unique place, he could help us, or hurt us, depending on how he decided to use the force!

Elon Musk is white. Not what most people think of as African American. He was born into a white South African family, emigrated to Canada, then to US. Canada is easier to get into than US. US citizen.

His politics are represented by his recent tweet. Shows political spectrum of a while ago as a line with liberals on left end and conservatives on right end and him a little left of center. Then two more recent lines, the most recent line with him in the same position but the line has extended greatly on the left and the middle has now moved over and he is solidly on the right. I suspect a lot of people feel like that. Maybe enough to solidly take the US Senate and House this fall and the Presidency two years hence, I'm hoping.

Musk matters more than most rich guys for various reasons, one being his current attempt to buy and take over Twitter because, he says, democracy depends on hearing all voices consistent with law, and all major social media including Twitter are suppressing, banning, and shadow banning conservative voices or any voices that don't agree with government positions. Its been fun watching the Twitter employees wetting themselves with fear. EM would among other things, make the algorithms open access so anyone banned or shadow banned can see exactly what is happening and why. And he would reinstate Trump, as he does not believe in permenent bans. If his bid for Twitter falls through its pretty likely he will start his own social media platform.

I enjoy his irreverent sense of humor. A recent tweet said his next move would be to buy Coca Cola and put the cocaine back in Coke.

A few additional coments. Musk seems to always be honest. Except when he's making a joke. He undoubtedly does not really intend to buy Coca Cola and put the cocaine back in coke, for example. He may refuse to answer a question, but if he answers it's honest. He answers a lot of questions honestly that most business people dont, so it sounds wild. When asked about a review from a guy who thought that an early Tesla model's design svcked, EM said the reviewer was right. The design did svck. And they had gone through point by point and fixed all the stuff the reviewer said svcked. When an interviewer was praising EM for always succeeding, he responded with something like "I don't know. There were those rockets that crashed." One interviewer pointed out that sometimes his predictions as to when his companies would achieve certain goals were right on and sometimes they were years late. Did EM make the obvious explanations or excuses? No. He said "I've always had a problem with punctuality."

Second, his opinions change when he gets new information and experience. This means if you watch interviews or statements he's made over the years today you can see different opinions because he has learned more and his opinions have changed. Just because you listened to a ten-year-old Musk interview today and its inconsistent with what he says or does now does not mean he's inconsistent. It means you should look at the dates on interviews. I find listening to interviews of someone whose opinions actually change when he gets new info seriously refreshing.

I also respect people who actually get things done rather than just talk. When the leader of Ukraine asked EM for help with maintaining Ukraine's internet access, EM responded within hours saying the star link system was now turned on for Ukraine, and a thousand receivers were on the way. When the British were besieging Boston, and the Virginian statesmen were meeting and discussing what Virginia should do, one man--George Washington--stood up and said something like this: "I will at my own expense recruit and arm a thousand men and ride to the aid of Boston."

EM says an unbiased social media platform would be one where if someone you hated said something you disagree with they could do that without fear of being banned or shadow banned or having their audience artificially restricted as long as they broke no laws. I think it would be nice to have a social media platform like that.

tfggckfklrk11.gif

🎶 Everybody Loves BOB Marley 🎶

Last Edited:
When I was a kid, my folks gave me a big mason jar to start my marble collection. As time went by, I acquired more and more marbles until the day came when I couldn't fit any more marbles in the jar.
At about that point, the individual marbles became less important. I had more marbles than I could ever use.
It was then that I began to realise that it was more important to have the other kids see how many marbles I could collect compared to theirs.
Since I had more, I was the defacto King.... and no one else had the right to dispute that.

Last Edited:
When I was a kid, my folks gave me a big mason jar to start my marble collection. As time went by, I acquired more and more marbles until the day came when I couldn't fit any more marbles in the jar.
At about that point, the individual marbles became less important. I had more marbles than I could ever use.
It was then that I began to realise that it was more important to have the other kids see how many marbles I could collect compared to theirs.
Since I had more, I was the defacto King.... and no else had the right to dispute that.
You know what the difference is between your marble collection and my primer collection is?

I don't keep my primers in a jar:)

Musk's street cred took a major hit on my list with this attitude.

"The billionaire then told the outlet that he supports "tight background checks" for all gun sales and limiting sales of assault weapons to people in special circumstances, like gun range owners, or people who live in a "high risk location, like gang warfare."
Well. My take-away from his statement was a little more positive. Clearly stating he was in favor of the 2nd, completely disatisfied with Joe (inferred that his 2A attacks played at least some part) and would be voting Republican next go around are all good things.

Obviously uneducated on "assault weapons", but with his vast following, you know there will be a lot of lemmings in there incapable of thinking for themelves that will follow his voting plan... just cause he said so. ;)

Not ideal, but he broke the mold of influential CEO's speaking out in favor of the 2nd and it wasn't all bad news. These days... that's more of a win than a loss.

Well. My take-away from his statement was a little more positive. Clearly stating he was in favor of the 2nd, completely disatisfied with Joe (inferred that his 2A attacks played at least some part) and would be voting Republican next go around are all good things.

Obviously uneducated on "assault weapons", but with his vast following, you know there will be a lot of lemmings in there incapable of thinking for themelves that will follow his voting plan... just cause he said so. ;)

Not ideal, but he broke the mold of influential CEO's speaking out in favor of the 2nd and it wasn't all bad news. These days... that's more of a win than a loss.
He may be "uneducated" on guns, but he surely has the IQ to figure things out.

And why do I care how ignorant some rich dude is about constitutional rights?
'Some rich dude', eh?

I don't think, in my own simple way, that 'rich' is the word to use with somebody with as much access to funds as Mr Musk.

To me, 'rich' means a million dollars. 'Moderately rich' is ten million dollars, and 'very rich' is a hundred million dollars.

A simple one billion is TEN times that amount - that is unthinkably rich to me.

And Mr Musk is currently worth SIXTY times that amount.

Counting $1 per second, it would take you over 1905 Years.

Last Edited:
I do not trust EM. I never did.

Does he have a PIED PIPER following or a cult like following like the Q and QAnon people? ONE more psyop! I believe that EM does have that unfortunately.

Say all of the 'right things' in many subject matters MOST of the time but NOT all of the time that you KNOW will attract a specific group of people and HIT THOSE KEY POINTS that matter to them in the MEDIA or for a voter base.

Just like Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush 2, Bill and Hill, Shooter aka NO BID CONTRACT VP Dick, laughing idiot VP Harris, LBJ in the past, etc. did. We had a LOT of 5 deferment dudes in those D and R sacks of dung leaders too.

I can SEE and understand where many people can change their VIEWS in many subject matters as they mature or actually SEE the light or know their HISTORY and past political agreements. Etc.!

Many American people, many Europeans, the EU, WEF, NATO, etc. like their REVISED version of history where they even ignore OLD agreements including things that President Reagan and James Baker agreed were right.

Plus when it comes to GUN issues. Many people still don't understand the RKBA issue in my opinion. EM is ONE OF THEM and there are many others just like him OUT THERE in La La Land. They include GUN people and NON gun people on all sides of the political and lifestyle spectrum too.

I did not trust and I still DO not trust many people in BUSINESS, politics, religion, mass media, financial industry services, in the GUN issue, in an OFFSHOOT of clown world (CW = politics!) aka the ENTERTAINMENT industry too. Etc.!

They don't call it programming for NO reason!

Americans love their brainwashing and 30 second sound bites. They do not do their research, they don't know history, geography, they do not READ or pay attention when it comes to follow the money and connect the dots when it comes to conflicts, wars, not honoring old agreements, etc.

Any business person including inventors in ANY industry, any politician on the R, L and in the middle, any actor, singer, sports player, author, mass media reporter, talk show idiot, etc. who continues to support things that I do not believe in morally/politically/religiously (WARmongering, neo con R/L PNAC policies, the MIC sh!! show that even IKE warned us about.) and who wanted/want to RUIN this country from the 'flu', gave a pass on Rx shots that were/are NOT safe, supported ALL of those Shutdowns, supported all of the BAIL OUTS in the past, supported all of these CHECKS being sent out, supported all of the EXTRA MONEY being given to companies that were supposed to help during the FLU but NOT one dime was spent on it and the CROOKS kept the money or there was NO accountability, spent money like a drunk with NO fiscal responsibility in the BUDGET and were/are proud to be a bankruptcy KING and a USURY lover like Trump, 5 deferment and more men/women who ran/run for political office and TONS MORE and/or who were PUT INTO a ROLE by the globalists on the Left and Right while they continue to LIE, manipulate their dumb @@@ cult followers, steal, evade taxes, flip flop some more, can't HIRE the right people for the JOB, can't keep their effing stupid MOUTHS SHUT, are a disgrace to this country non stop due to their STUPIDITY in actions and words, are bat s crazy, are senile, are ON the TAKE LIKE BIDEN, HUNTER, THE BROTHER AND PRESIDENT Z (Spit! EFF Ukraine!), support other countries more than the US of A, have grifters including their children, other family members, friends, running things that they have NO clue on including criminal justice reform = Jarvanka, Trump and Biden/Harris, etc. can GO to you know where!

ANY man like EM and all of the other freaking Ds and Rs in this country in ANY INDUSTRY who continue to GIVE and donate money - BILLIONS of taxpayer money, GOODS of ANY TYPE to help those 'people' (Spit!), guns, arms/weapons of any type to MONEY LAUNDERING COUNTRIES like the Ukraine and ones like them can go to you know where.

The MOB and the MAFIA make the crook ON THE TAKE grifter/actor/pervert President Z and his dirty ILK over there and stateside look like altar boys!

ALL of them including EM who wanted to HELP one of the most crooked and DISGUSTING countries in the world and people are on my DUNG list.

EM helped Ukraine and HE is on my dung list.

There may be a few nice and honest (?) people over there (Ukraine.) since there are good and bad people worldwide but I did not hear anyone CRYING really hard when they shot/wounded/killed MANY of their OWN fellow citizens in EASTERN UKRAINE with NON STOP SHOOTING and shelling for X amount of years!

YOU want to help them?! SCREW you and EM and the R elephant and the D donkey that you rode in on.

Cate

Musk's street cred took a major hit on my list with this attitude.

"The billionaire then told the outlet that he supports "tight background checks" for all gun sales and limiting sales of assault weapons to people in special circumstances, like gun range owners, or people who live in a "high risk location, like gang warfare."
I never trusted him.

I never liked him.

I do NOT trust or like him even MORE now.

He is another IDIOT!

He is pandering to the crowd when it comes to being POPULAR and he continues to STICK HIS FINGER INTO THE WIND to see which way the political/financial WINDS are blowing!

Old Lady Cate

So, in other words, if you lived in Chicago you could own one, but if you moved to Sun Valley, Idaho, you'd have to surrender it?
EM is for class warfare and in THIS CASE gun warfare.

He is playing the old political game of playing the 'cards'.

Race, sex, nationality, religion, socio/economic levels, political party, age, state, city versus rural crowd, etc. cards AND the GUN CARD.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads