JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
to all,

I have been hunting dear and waterfowl for a long time, but i have never been elk hunting? ( I know its kind of weird). So i hae a few questions I was hoping to get some input on.

first off I have a few rifles i hunt with and 1 is my 270 that is great, but i was wondering if anyone has done any hunting with a AR10? Any suggestions of different rifle's for elk i should be looking into?

two and this could be a reach since no one likes telling where their spots are, but where are good places to go look for elk?

thanks

to all,

I have been hunting dear and waterfowl for a long time, but i have never been elk hunting? ( I know its kind of weird). So i hae a few questions I was hoping to get some input on.

first off I have a few rifles i hunt with and 1 is my 270 that is great, but i was wondering if anyone has done any hunting with a AR10? Any suggestions of different rifle's for elk i should be looking into?

two and this could be a reach since no one likes telling where their spots are, but where are good places to go look for elk?

thanks

If you shoot your 270 well, and have confidence in it...it is totally sufficent for elk with proper shot placement....shot placement is everything.

Haven't lived in OR for a long time but if my memory serves me correctly, just about the whole coast range is where you will find Elk. Again, If memory serves me, most of the coat range is either private (mostly logging co's) or State forest land...

Can't help you with any locations as I live in WA. But on the firearm choice I would stick with the 270. With premium 150 gr bullets it is a damn fine elk round. Even the lightest AR 10 platforms weigh in at around 9lbs with nothing on em or in em. By the time you put on a scope, sling, and a 5rd mag with bullets, you will be 11 plus lbs. This is not my idea of a good elk rifle unless hunting from a stand is all you do. Just my 2 cents worth, good luck.

awesome input guys, thanks. got a farmland tag down in southern oregon so i guess the 270 is coming home with me for christmas!! G-pa said i heard of elk has been coming through the property lately.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top