JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am hunting elk at the coast on a damage tag. I spent the last couple of days scouting the property and trying pattern these winter elk. I have noticed that all the tracks and trails are one direction .It appears that the elk come over a saddle and onto the property and then down any of three drainages and out.There are so many trails it is hard to keep track. I see this traveling pattern of local herds in eastern Oregon at a ranch I get to hunt. I have not hunted the coast before this year. Can anybody lend me some wisdom about these elk.

Where on the coast is your tag.This time of year they tend to get back into cover just before daylight.I to have a damage tag and the elk are moving through the property only at night.I have to stay on them daily and hope they stick around longer.

my tag is near Cloverdale. What kind of area do they bed in? Dense, open so they can see..... I am also seeing the tracks of single elk, usually in totally different areas from the herd.

most likely the single tracks are bulls but not always. they'll bed anywhere out of the weather. on the edge of re-prod, field, tree lines and in later evening in the middle of a clear cut. mid-day mostly in a nice fern bench with the wind in their favor.one thing to remember elk move all the time, graze, bed, relocate, drink water.lather rinse repeat ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top