JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
would have to re-zero his rifle when he gets to camp, which dollars to donuts says he wouldn't even consider.

Maybe people lose their minds when they come to Eastern Oregon but it happens constantly here. I hate that. Why are people so unprepared that they go to the woods and then just before opening day they are shooting like crazy. Might as well give the animals notice. Different strokes I guess but it really pizzes me off. Even my elk camp buddies do this crap. They are from out of town. What, no ranges where they live????????

My friend who lives over here and has hunted in Idaho for years does this. His m '94's lever could go sideways enough so it wouldn't hit the little safety button underneath. It was like that the year before.
Then this last season he brought his 8mm Mauser with a cheapo garage sale scope. Missed an elk. We went out to site it in and the scope's cross hair weren't moving correctly when adjusted.
So that gun was out of service.

All you gotta do is hit a paper plate at 300yds, 90% of all big game is taken under 100yds... Im not seeing the issue here with factory loads.

My friend who lives over here and has hunted in Idaho for years does this. His m '94's lever could go sideways enough so it wouldn't hit the little safety button underneath. It was like that the year before.
Then this last season he brought his 8mm Mauser with a cheapo garage sale scope. Missed an elk. We went out to site it in and the scope's cross hair weren't moving correctly when adjusted.
So that gun was out of service.

Cheap scope, not sighting in before the season starts, loose mount screws, any other excuses. My buddies do it because they are supposedly too busy during the summer, yet have enough time to go motorcycle riding, drinking, watch sports, whatever.

I missed an elk because of loose screws. My bad. :confused:

The "belongs in the kitchen" comments are pretty belittling and sexist...

You must feel safe from the females on the other end of them Internet and obviously a lousy cook:rolleyes:

My point was that it was an added benifit to the cartridge - not the only thing good about it...

Go be perfect somewhere else...

**Not even sure why this got taken up as a topic of discussion - it was a passing observation I made while picking up a few gallons of water on my way out of towno_O

The "belongs in the kitchen" comments are pretty belittling and sexist...

You must feel safe from the females on the other end of them Internet and obviously a lousy cook:rolleyes:

My point was that it was an added benifit to the cartridge - not the only thing good about it...

Go be perfect somewhere else...

**Not even sure why this got taken up as a topic of discussion - it was a passing observation I made while picking up a few gallons of water on my way out of towno_O

Not perfect by any means, I just don't forget ammo.

P

Apropos the numbers of moose taken in the USA by hunters shooting a .30-06, versus hunters in Scandinavia shooting, mostly, a 6.5x55SE.

Just in Norway
: In 2009, there were a winter population of around 120,000 moose. In 2015 31,131 moose were shot. In 1999, a record number of 39,422 moose were shot.

Can the .30-06 Govt shooters beat those figures?

tac

Apropos the numbers of moose taken in the USA by hunters shooting a .30-06, versus hunters in Scandinavia shooting, mostly, a 6.5x55SE.

Just in Norway
: In 2009, there were a winter population of around 120,000 moose. In 2015 31,131 moose were shot. In 1999, a record number of 39,422 moose were shot.

tac
Doing a little math, to be equal and normalizing for area and elg population, there would be one billion elg in the US so yea, I think we could manage that. lol

Just in Norway

tac

Kudos for using "apropos" properly.

P

Hey everyone, don't know if I'll get in trouble but you know what they say.. I've got two (+) unopened "cases" of 165gr '06 Core-Loct that I'm still trying to sell.. price reduced to sell!
pm me if...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top