JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That Rise rifle is nice but will likely tip the scales at 11lbs plus once loaded and equipped with an optic. That is heavy for a hunting rifle and will be noticed at the end of a day hiking through the woods. I would suggest targeting a final weight between seven and eight pounds loaded with an optic mounted.

Back to the ops problem. The Ruger muzzle break sucks. It is what directs the gas right back into the shooters face (BTDT). A linear compensator solves the problem, but amplifies the recoil pulse. There is a give and take there. I personally think the gas in the face is a much bigger annoyance than slightly more recoil. However, if it were me, id put a 20" fluted tube with NO muzzle device on it, on that upper. That would be a simple fix. Even a caveman could do it..

Last Edited:
Well, I read through the many pages of posts on this old thread. I own a few AR's, and have owned several others in the past that are no longer here. I've never been gassed in the face with any of them so maybe I've been lucky. I don't shoot suppressed. I have built a couple and still have one of those, the rest were or are factory rifles. I've never found a need to change a BCG from what came with the rifle or the upper. I stick pretty much to OEM. I changed the charging handle on one I built with a scope to make manipulation easier. Thanks for the info, if I have problems of this sort I'll have a better idea what to look for.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews