JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So if their argument is that you must have the officers consent to record audio of them, then the Police would also need the citizens consent to record audio of the citizen... or are we seeing a complete lack of equality between two American's & instead seeing prejudicial preference.

However there is a burden of intimidation upon the citizen more than the officer in most cases, since it is the citizen that is 99% of the time having to prove they are innocent, not the Officer. Questioning someone's innocence is a form of intimidation especially when they say things like "if you have nothing to hide, let me see". I can see a can of worms that was already open but now its the police that have to dine on them.

Innocent until proven guilty by a jury of your peers is DOA these days

I don't quite get it. Elgin is about 30 minutes from the county seat of La Grande, in Union County. La Grande is small, maybe 12,000 people. Seems like response times from the Sheriff's office would be slow, unless Elgin paid enough to keep another deputy out there. Then for the same coverage, I don't see how it would be cheaper.

In the case of other Oregon towns I know of, one was Gold Hill in Jackson County which has a (county) population of about 150,000, and it's only 20 miles of freeway, and deputies are never that far away. Another place is White City in Jackson County and it's about 8 miles of 4 lane road. Shady Cove was doing it for a while but I don't know if they still are.

Small towns seem to get into a lot of "wars" with the mayor, the city council, the chief of police and so on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top