JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some other traits we all need to practice,

To stay politically informed and Vote!
To not shy away from a discussion where someone is badmouthing gun rights.

I think too many "responsible gun owners" conduct themselves with manners to a degree where
we don't talk religion or politics. It's a well known rule for Dinner Guests that we all have heard and sometimes it's good advice.

But I feel when a comment is made, and in Eugene the Political comments are plentiful, that gun owners need to drop the manners a little bit and defend our position.

Politely of course!:D

I find #1 to be quite true for the most part. I was chatting with a family member who was about to buy his first gun and I told him about my past private party experiences (no, not the late night ones with the champaigne and poles). I've dealt with hundreds of people through purchasing private party transsctions and probably 90 to 95% were non firearm related. I tell ya, the nicest, most courteous people that Ive encountered are through firearm related deals. Always on time and generally prompt with communication.

I tell ya, the nicest, most courteous people that Ive encountered are through firearm related deals. Always on time and generally prompt with communication.

I've done my share of private sales over the years, and you're right, the best folks to deal with involved firearm deals. I can count on one hand, and it's not even a full hand, where the person I met with wasn't a pleasant character to meet with. Private sales for other non-firearm related items, definitely have run into more creeps, weirdos, poor communicators, etc. than I ever have with firearm sales.

I'll also add that almost every firearm sale ends up leading to a long conversation about guns. Most folks I meet off of places like Craigslist, Letgo, etc., for the non-firearm sales, I just want to sell my stuff, get my cash and get away from them.

But I feel when a comment is made, and in Eugene the Political comments are plentiful, that gun owners need to drop the manners a little bit and defend our position.

Politely of course!:D

Totally agree. And it is not that hard to be polite, yet firm, while having that discussion. In fact, being polite, addressing facts over feelings and actually taking the time to listen to them is far more likely to push them over the edge once they realize their argument is breaking down. I know for a fact, from personal experience, that if you talk to anti-gun folks, you can change their minds. It's not easy, it takes time and patience, but it can be done.

I've done my share of private sales over the years, and you're right, the best folks to deal with involved firearm deals. I can count on one hand, and it's not even a full hand, where the person I met with wasn't a pleasant character to meet with. Private sales for other non-firearm related items, definitely have run into more creeps, weirdos, poor communicators, etc. than I ever have with firearm sales.
The first gun I ever bought was private party. I admit, I was a bit nervous at first but we met at a well-lit public area. The transaction was one of the easiest, most pleasant I've ever had.

The first gun I ever bought was private party. I admit, I was a bit nervous at first but we met at a well-lit public area. The transaction was one of the easiest, most pleasant I've ever had.

Yeah, my first private party gun sale left me a bit nervous, but I found I had nothing to worry about. He was a nice guy and we probably talked for an hour after we made the deal. After that, I just made sure we had good communication before we meet and choose locations that are open and somewhat busy. Never had a single problem over the years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top