JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the legality of modifying a gun to use an electronic trigger? You could easily adjust the weight to ridiculously light and if you have a two-finger trigger that is popular on paintball guns you could fire very quickly. Obviously not good for proper trigger control and not very practical for something you'd carry around, but for a mounted range toy gun... Could be a new "poor man's machine gun."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXxeUQwrTpQ&feature=related

EDIT: just occurred to me that this might fit better in legal/political. :bash: Oh well, a mod can move it if they want to.

I was thinking of doing something like setting up a servo motor that would attach to the place a pistol grip would normally go on an AR-15 that can actuate the trigger and then have a separate device that is the electronic trigger connected by a wire or something. Could mount it on a tripod and have an awesome bullet hose gun.

yes, but 1 trigger pull 1 shot.

that would not be the case with the electronic trigger.
A servo attached to a cam.

When i was looking into "build it yourself" gattlin gun kits they all warned that "electronic triggers, servos, and motor driven triggers where illegal. The example they all gave was hooking up an electric drill to the stem of the crank. I don't know if that holds true to other guns or just gattlin guns but I bet its all guns.

I was thinking of doing something like setting up a servo motor that would attach to the place a pistol grip would normally go on an AR-15 that can actuate the trigger and then have a separate device that is the electronic trigger connected by a wire or something. Could mount it on a tripod and have an awesome bullet hose gun.

Again, one pull one round fired, any more is a machine gun. No, it's not constitutional, but it is 5 to 10 years under the current regime

but if the motor actuating the trigger is a servo that can only move so far back and forth and doesn't spin all the way around, is it still illegal just because someone *could* use a regular motor if they wanted?

What about instead of using a cam to push the trigger, you attach a cable from the cam around the trigger. That way the motor is outside the trigger guard and it is completely impossible to be modified to full auto.

If you're going to put a motor on a semi auto weapon for the trigger why not let it run the bolt and load the next round into the chamber too, get rid of any parasitic losses and power variations from gas activated systems. The whole system could have a few feedback sensors and with a cheap microcontroller could tweak itself to perfection, and it could even detect a fail to fire and eject that cartridge, or a fail to eject and try it over again.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top